Omega9k vs the Octane 45 review

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

Omega9k vs the Octane 45 review

Post by Michael Black 47 »

So far I have received my Omega 9k this past week. There was a bit of a delay, but everything went smooth after that. I decided to run it on my MPX Gen2 and M&P9c. I choose 147gr. lawman and 165gr HUSH from freedom munitions. To the say the least the Omega9k perform like a champ :lol: . Even though the can was a little bit fatter then my octane 45. It did a great job of taming the various heavy 9 mil loads. The 147 grain ammunition what's quiet to say the least. A little more louder than my octane 45 but still in the same ballpark.

The lightweight and compact size of the Omega 9k made me appreciate the overall concept. The real big difference came into play when I decided to put the 165 grain round from freedom Munitions in the MPX. It was as quiet as a sewing machine on a summer afternoon. The suppression was even more quiet with the octane 45. But that is a full size can so, I couldn't say it would be fair. But since I'm bring it up, 165 grain ammo going through the octane 45 makes the MPX seem like it's having a failure to fire, even though the brass is flying out and the round hit the target. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Michael Black 47 on Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gsyoung54
Silent But Deadly

Re: Omega9k vs the Octane 45 review

Post by gsyoung54 »

Michael Black 47 wrote:So far I have received my Omega 9k this past week. There was a bit of a delay, but everything went smooth after that. I decided to run it on my MPX Gen2 and M&P9c. I choose 147gr. lawman and 165gr HUSH from freedom munitions. To the say the least the Omega9k perform like a champ :lol: . Even though the can was a little bit fatter then my octane 45. It did a great job of taming the various heavy 9 mil loads. The 147 grain ammunition what's quiet to say the least. A little more louder than my octane 45 but still in the same ballpark.

The lightweight and compact size of the Omega 9k made me appreciate the overall concept. The real big difference came into play when I decided to put the 165 grain round from freedom Munitions in the MPX. It was as quiet as a sewing machine on a summer afternoon. The emanation of soap was even more quiet with the octane 45. But that is a full size can so I couldn't say it would be fair. But since I'm bring it up. 165 grain ammo going through the octane 45 makes the MPX seem like having a failure to fire, even though the brass is flying out and the round hit the target. :mrgreen:
I'm having the same experience with the 165 Hush on my select MP5 with a Liberty Mystic X or Cosmic.... just brass pouring to the side. I have to shoot it late at night at the range when no one is around because I can't afford to have too many friends shoot up my Hush!

George

Too much stuffs to list...
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

gsyoung54 wrote:
Michael Black 47 wrote:So far I have received my Omega 9k this past week. There was a bit of a delay, but everything went smooth after that. I decided to run it on my MPX Gen2 and M&P9c. I choose 147gr. lawman and 165gr HUSH from freedom munitions. To the say the least the Omega9k perform like a champ :lol: . Even though the can was a little bit fatter then my octane 45. It did a great job of taming the various heavy 9 mil loads. The 147 grain ammunition what's quiet to say the least. A little more louder than my octane 45 but still in the same ballpark.

The lightweight and compact size of the Omega 9k made me appreciate the overall concept. The real big difference came into play when I decided to put the 165 grain round from freedom Munitions in the MPX. It was as quiet as a sewing machine on a summer afternoon. The emanation of soap was even more quiet with the octane 45. But that is a full size can so I couldn't say it would be fair. But since I'm bring it up. 165 grain ammo going through the octane 45 makes the MPX seem like having a failure to fire, even though the brass is flying out and the round hit the target. :mrgreen:
I'm having the same experience with the 165 Hush on my select MP5 with a Liberty Mystic X or Cosmic.... just brass pouring to the side. I have to shoot it late at night at the range when no one is around because I can't afford to have too many friends shoot up my Hush!

George

Is been a while since I posted this comment. But if nice follow-up to my MPX and the subsonic ammunition, resulting in the fact that the extractor spring was broken. It half the strength and was barely functioning. With a quick replacement part from an online third-party supplier. It works like a charm. Ripping out the brass at the speed of sound LOL. My sub gun sounds great now with either the Omega 9K or the octane 45. The company by the way is called in lead we trust. They make great stuff and a make many aftermarket products for quite a few platforms.

Some of the best moments is when I am on the range and I meet new shooters that are there for the first time. They have these giant cow eyes when they see how quiet it functions with subsonic ammunition especially the hush line. I've even converted a few fuds to the dark side of the NFA and modern sporting rifles too. Looking back on things I believe made a great decision with the setup I have. Even with some of the hiccups along the way with the company six-hour. In the end there's nothing that can replace the feeling of being at a range of full of people outdoors and hearing the entire firing line goes silent as a watch you shoot subsonic.
gsyoung54
Silent But Deadly

Post by gsyoung54 »

Michael Black 47 wrote:
gsyoung54 wrote:

George

Is been a while since I posted this comment. But if nice follow-up to my MPX and the subsonic ammunition, resulting in the fact that the extractor spring was broken. It half the strength and was barely functioning. With a quick replacement part from an online third-party supplier. It works like a charm. Ripping out the brass at the speed of sound LOL. My sub gun sounds great now with either the Omega 9K or the octane 45. The company by the way is called in lead we trust. They make great stuff and a make many aftermarket products for quite a few platforms.

Some of the best moments is when I am on the range and I meet new shooters that are there for the first time. They have these giant cow eyes when they see how quiet it functions with subsonic ammunition especially the hush line. I've even converted a few fuds to the dark side of the NFA and modern sporting rifles too. Looking back on things I believe made a great decision with the setup I have. Even with some of the hiccups along the way with the company six-hour. In the end there's nothing that can replace the feeling of being at a range of full of people outdoors and hearing the entire firing line goes silent as a watch you shoot subsonic.

That is so cool... the reaction of others! I and others in Alaska have had problems with getting even the simplest user replaceable parts from Sig direct! I have a friend who has over 35,000 rounds through his semi auto MPX 9mm and he wanted a new barrel and pin and spring replacements plus some various easy to replace parts but Sig wants his MP sent in and to charge him a crapload to do the work... Guess they are so scared of the liability, I understand that there are idiots out there but my friend is former Navy, a current Range manager, a current Range Safety officer, an NRA certified expert and gunsmith and they just will not mail him the parts... I had the same problem with a relatively minor fix on my Sig P227 that I wanted to replace the slide lock lever and the plastic lower that broke a chunk off. Not hard at all but I did ending sending it into Sig because they sent me a FedEx 2day label, fixed it for free and sent it back 2day FedEx... can't complain too much about that but thanks for the alternate source for parts... I don't mind doing a little gunsmithing and have all the appropriate tools...

George
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

gsyoung54 wrote:
Michael Black 47 wrote:
gsyoung54 wrote:

George

That is so cool... the reaction of others! I and others in Alaska have had problems with getting even the simplest user replaceable parts from Sig direct! I have a friend who has over 35,000 rounds through his semi auto MPX 9mm and he wanted a new barrel and pin and spring replacements plus some various easy to replace parts but Sig wants his MP sent in and to charge him a crapload to do the work... Guess they are so scared of the liability, I understand that there are idiots out there but my friend is former Navy, a current Range manager, a current Range Safety officer, an NRA certified expert and gunsmith and they just will not mail him the parts... I had the same problem with a relatively minor fix on my Sig P227 that I wanted to replace the slide lock lever and the plastic lower that broke a chunk off. Not hard at all but I did ending sending it into Sig because they sent me a FedEx 2day label, fixed it for free and sent it back 2day FedEx... can't complain too much about that but thanks for the alternate source for parts... I don't mind doing a little gunsmithing and have all the appropriate tools...

George
Anytime my friend, I remember starting out here back a long time ago. With my first purchase of my can. Of all of the fire arms that I have owned. The MPX is the most finicky of them all currently. They sent me the replacement instructor spring but I stuck it out with the one from the third-party aftermarket part. If it does go then I can just replace it with the one that I got from sig where is a thread on Sigg talks , Very tough about a lot of the replacements that I’ve been done over the years for the platform. They also give a nice listing details so you could have a table to issue is as well. Other than that, I’m still waiting on those for conversion kits. Maybe when I’m turning 35 or 40 will have them out and available. I’ll probably have to wait till I’m 60 for the generation three version to come out in 10 mm and 460 Rowland :lol: