Boy aims imaginary gun at teacher and they call the cops

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Boy aims imaginary gun at teacher and they call the cops

Post by johndoe3 »

http://www.newsweek.com/imaginary-rifle ... xas-923316

At a Conroe TX middle school, 12-year old David Sims was arrested for aiming an imaginary gun at his teacher.
A boy with autism was arrested for allegedly pretending to fire an imaginary rifle at his art teacher.

David Sims, 12, was talking with his friends about BB Guns at Conroe Independent School District’s Bozman Intermediate School in Texas when he allegedly pointed the imaginary gun at his art teacher, FOX26 reported. His hand gestures made the teacher feel uncomfortable, which led to the 12-year-old boy being arrested by authorities on Monday.

“They just said, 'We don't tolerate that. We take it as a threat.' A threat? He didn't threaten anyone. He didn't do anything but play," David’s mother, Amy Sims, told FOX26.
OK, if it's imaginary, isn't the teacher taking a leap of faith that it was a gun and not an imaginary stick or imaginary telescope? Did the student have his thumb cocked to simulate an imaginary hammer that was cocked? Maybe the teacher is a too-sensitive snowflake.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Re: Boy aims imaginary gun at teacher and they call the cops

Post by poikilotrm »

Shouldn’t they have called the imaginary police instead?
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Re: Boy aims imaginary gun at teacher and they call the cops

Post by TROOPER »

"AnytownUSA" will still chalk this up to a school-shooting, or a "firearm incident" at a school.