I hated guns; then I was mugged

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

I hated guns; then I was mugged

Post by johndoe3 »

https://www.dailysignal.com/2018/07/24/ ... as-mugged/

Author of the article was a typical San Francisco no-nothing liberal, when he was mugged by 2 armed men in 2013.
One guy held a gun in my face, and the other held a gun to the back of my head. They took my MacBook Air, two iPads, an iPhone, an iPod Touch, and my wallet.

After that horrific experience, I slowly came to see things from a different perspective. Literally, I would become the personification of the old adage that a conservative is a liberal who has been mugged by reality.

Later, I became a homeowner and realized the best way to defend against a home invasion is with a firearm. So I became a gun owner.

Not long after, I discovered I really enjoyed target shooting at the range, so I joined the NRA, and eventually became a conservative and an outspoken Second Amendment advocate.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Re: I hated guns; then I was mugged

Post by a_canadian »

In my country most citizens can not carry a pistol, except in a secure case, with a trigger lock, to and from a gun shop or a gun club. Rarely are exception permits issued. And with this latest mass shooting in Toronto, in which a 10 year old girl and a recently graduated 18 year old woman were murdered and a bunch more injured, Toronto's city council is pushing for zero pistol sales within the city and zero pistol ammunition within the province. Yeah, that'll fix it... especially considering that this idiot got his pistol thanks to his older brother having been a drug dealer and gangster before he overdosed and went into a coma. That guy smuggled pistols in from the USA. Legal sales and ownership had zero to do with it.

But politicians know how to grab votes. Speak up against guns, as if guns went around murdering people. Might as well ban tobacco, alcohol, cars, half the toxic chemicals in common household use, maybe go after stairs and ladders next... oh, and then ban stress of any kind. Then we'll be safe.
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Post by johndoe3 »

And with this latest mass shooting in Toronto, in which a 10 year old girl and a recently graduated 18 year old woman were murdered and a bunch more injured,
I wonder why the press downplays (more like deliberately omits) that the recent Toronto shooter was an ISIS sympathizer and was over in Afghanistan and Iraq (probably undergoing jihadist training)? Oh those sorts of background details must have no effect on why he committed a mass shooting. :roll:

Your comments on the current state of gun control and gun ownership in Canada hits the mark exactly.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

And then there's the extra-cool element in this one, where a guy who specializes in putting a positive spin on Muslims in Canada wrote the letter 'from the shooter's family' to release to the press. This guy actually promotes himself as doing such things. And yet when contacted by the press, he denies it, refuses to talk further, and asks that the family's privacy be respected. And the press puts up with this. I'm getting a bit tired of how everyone's guilt is dictating we all try so hard to forgive Muslims. Religion of peace my arse.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

The title is even funnier if you re-word it to:

"I hated getting mugged; then I got a gun"