7.62x39 subsonic recs

Ammunition Discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

porkchopper

7.62x39 subsonic recs

Post by porkchopper »

Aware of Atomic and Detroit good stuff. Just wondering if anyone else is out there making it so I can take advantage of watching for sales and such. Thanks
jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Re: 7.62x39 subsonic recs

Post by jlwilliams »

Engel Ballistic Research makes 7.62x39 subsonic ammo. That said, it doesn't pop up on sale for a bargain price. Ever. Your best bet is to hand load.
Striker753

Post by Striker753 »

Speaking of 7.62x39 hand loads, which brands do brass for this calibre with standard primers instead of the Berdan ones? I'd like to get my first 7.62 rifle and reload ammo, but most surplus rounds use the retarded Berdan type corrosive primer that's way too hard to change when reloading for it to be interesting.
porkchopper

Post by porkchopper »

Striker753 wrote:Speaking of 7.62x39 hand loads, which brands do brass for this calibre with standard primers instead of the Berdan ones? I'd like to get my first 7.62 rifle and reload ammo, but most surplus rounds use the retarded Berdan type corrosive primer that's way too hard to change when reloading for it to be interesting.
Can't help you there, but Midway has Atomic subs for $54/box 50 with free shipping or at least did on Monday I bought a couple of boxes. These are a fun way to pass time on varmints waiting on deer.
jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Post by jlwilliams »

Virgin brass is available, or you can get loaded ammo in reloadable brass cases at Wal-Mart. Remington green box (or at least it was green last time I bought it) is reasonably good ammo. If you want good reloading brass, USA made ammo is a great way to get it. Not as cheap as military surplus but you get what you pay for.