Will Gov Shutdown hold up Form 1 applications?

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Witchgrass

Will Gov Shutdown hold up Form 1 applications?

Post by Witchgrass »

I just submitted my Form 1 application. Do you guys know if the application will sit until the Gov shutdown is over?
Thanks,
#40Fan
Silent But Deadly

Re: Will Gov Shutdown hold up Form 1 applications?

Post by #40Fan »

Yep, but you might be lucky today.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Yes, the shutdown affects civilian transfers and permission slips.

The shutdown has been declared over for 3 weeks. Than I suspect it'll go right back down.
I don't care what your chart says
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Witchgrass wrote:I just submitted my Form 1 application. Do you guys know if the application will sit until the Gov shutdown is over?
Thanks,

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=156057
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
daviscustom
Silent But Deadly

Post by daviscustom »

Just submitted 2 eform 1’s this morning. Time will tell how big of a backlog was built up during the shutdown. I still have to get prints and mail them.

I haven’t found the cover letter that I am supposed to send in with them yet.... anyone know where I look for those?
The myopic majority will be our republic's undoing.
Hard_ware
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Hard_ware »

In the email they send you. Attachment was not showing up if checking email on an iPhone, or at least not on mine. I checked email later on my home computer and had an attachment you could print out.
NRA Life Member
daviscustom
Silent But Deadly

Post by daviscustom »

Thanks for the tip, I will have to look for that when I get home and get to the computer.

If I put both cover letters in with two fingerprint cards will that be acceptable?… Or do I have to have 4 fingerprint cards in there for them to take it?
daviscustom
Silent But Deadly

Post by daviscustom »

I just got home and looked at it on the computer… Is ithe “ cover letter” just the PDF version of the form?

Edit: did a bit more digging and figured out the email I got is labeled “pending research” likely because I put in my own model numbers in the forms.... so it looks like I don’t have the complete letter with the control numbers yet.

Is the “draft” watermarked pdf what I am supposed to print for my CLEO?.... or do I wait for a different version of that pdf?
daviscustom
Silent But Deadly

Post by daviscustom »

Things are rocking and rolling in the Eform office today! I submitted everything on Saturday morning and it all came back "pending research" as I have said. First thing this morning I started getting responses from Heather Huff ( the BATFE Rock Star)....after explaining what I had figured out since I sent in the questions through the "ask the experts" tab, she said she would get my model numbers entered into the system manually and I should get my "submitted" paperwork via email shortly. Shortly after lunch I had both of them in my inbox ready to go!

She also told me that I only needed to send one set (of 2 cards total) if I was sending both cover sheets together in the same envelope, which I have heard conflicting info about. I got my prints done today, and will get them in the mail tomorrow.

Anyone that has been waiting to submit eforms had better get on it!
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

daviscustom wrote:...
Anyone that has been waiting to submit eforms had better get on it!
Waiting to submit is never a winning strategy.

Hopefully they all enjoyed the time off and are refreshed and ready to go. I still got a half dozen or so forms that got submitted back in Oct. '18.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
daviscustom
Silent But Deadly

Post by daviscustom »

Well in my case if they weren’t answering any questions via email and nothing was happening, it would’ve been a source of great frustration for me to have submitted my forms any sooner than I did.

If I get my paperwork back in the next month or two (or three or four) I’ll be tickled… Compared to the 11 months I had to wait the last time with a regular paper form......This is the first time I’ve tried the e-forms so “ so far so good” for me.

… Plus I’ve only had the money saved up here for a couple of weeks anyway so I didn’t have much choice but to do it when I did it .
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Yeah, having the money available is the enemy of most of us here. Otherwise, we'd all have machineguns and stuff. :lol:
I don't care what your chart says
Witchgrass

Post by Witchgrass »

Last week I logged back on to the Eforms site, and found out that my Form 1 was disapproved. I had to phone in to find out why.(I’m not used to the site, and really didn’t know what to look for) Turns out, it was disapproved for not submitting my fingerprints. I was waiting on an email from them to let me know to do this. Anyway, after talking to a person from the Eform site, she said that my $200 tax payment was now being refunded to me, and that I’d have to pay the $200 again to resubmit the paperwork again....
I resubmitted a few days ago, and checking in frequently for any updates on my status. Very frustrating.
Hard_ware
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Hard_ware »

If using iPhone attachment didn’t show up for me.
Using windows computer checking emails the attachment was seen.
The email they send is usually right after you submit the form payment.
Both of mine were like this. Just a FYI
NRA Life Member
daviscustom
Silent But Deadly

Post by daviscustom »

If the email you get after submitting your eform doesn't say SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS you may need to get in touch with them to see what needs to be done to get that status. You won't get the cover letter until then.

Everything showed up just fine on my iphone, but I was using GMail. My fingerprints arrived at the BATF on Feb 1 and I got the approval 33 days later....just a few days after I sent an email to Heather Huff to check on the status. Never got a reply email from her, but 2 days later I got the "approved" emails. From what little contact I have had with her, she seems to make an effort to help out when you contact her if she can. The turn-around was not as fast for me as some, but it was light-years faster then my last paper form 1.
dynotime

Post by dynotime »

The entire process is not well though at all.

I suggest this to everyone that uses E-file Fill out the E-File form with all information that you think is Correct. Then Call the ATF for a walk Through of the Form 1

Just my Thought on the Crazy System
Siskiyous

Post by Siskiyous »

I applied 12/01/19 and received my first approved paper Form 1 today.
I called to see what was up last week

ATF does not play well with Linux, so I do not use Eform.

10 inch long 1.65 inch, 45 caliber, Ti outer tube, Host T/C Contender, chambered in .45 Auto Rim,
integral bi-mono core built directly onto the 16 inch barrel, SS blast cone, 6061 after that is the plan.
The barrel is a 45 ACP from SARCO that is now housed inside a T/C Stub.

Thanks for the years of sharing your knowledge, it gave me the courage to proceed.

In my shop I have a Bridgeport M Head, a 12x24 Atlas, and a 10x52 Sheldon lathe.
stengun
Silent But Deadly

Post by stengun »

Howdy,

Update on Form 1 times.

I filed on 7-12-19 and kept wanting for the email with the fingerprints cover sheet.

Finally on August 1st I called the atf and was told I would not be able to see the attachments on an iPhone or iPad. That’s what I use.

So I had to use my work laptop to retrieve my email, download and print off the attachments. I mailed it on the 2nd, the atf received them on the 8th and I was approved on the 14th.

This was for a SBR, not a silencer.

Next week I’m going to file for a silencer.
"The number of people that I've killed is not important. What is important is how I get along with the ones that are still alive."

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)