thoughts on a .300blk upper

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

XLmoby

thoughts on a .300blk upper

Post by XLmoby »

Hello i am a licenced German gun dealer and have some thoughts on a upper build.

Sorry for my bad english writing.

I own a Here Arms CQR in .300blk with a 10.5" barrel with pistol type gas port and a SONIC suppressor.

The rifle is very precise with super sonic ammo, but over gased with the suppressor on.

Want to shot also, for plinking, subsonic loads with cheap pulled military surplus 148gr bullets, but the rifle will not cycle the next round.
tryed all kinds of powder and loads, but only cycles when i go trans or supersonic.

My idea is to buy a new barrel with no gas port hole and set the gas port closer to the upper and use a adjustible gas port.

The pistol powders are getting the same pressure like rifle powders, but the pressure dont last as long while pushing the bullet trough the barrel.

If i move the Gas port closer to the upper, i will get to a point where pistol and rifle powders have the "same" high pressure.
Then you can use a adjustible gas port to control the pressure, so both loads will work proper.

any thoughts?
mbogo
Silent But Deadly

Re: thoughts on a .300blk upper

Post by mbogo »

Use an adjustable gas block.
7 stamps and 1 in jail :mrgreen:
#40Fan
Silent But Deadly

Re: thoughts on a .300blk upper

Post by #40Fan »

fucking website....try again

I don't see how an adjustable gas block will do any good with his current issue. He needs more gas, not less.

OP, unless you can get someone to custom make the barrel for you, you're going to need to turn the barrel down to move the gas block back. If you can do that to the new barrel, why not just turn down your current barrel and plug the original hole? Be careful with the gas tube. You'll need to bend it to fit and cut to length.