Questions about silencers and FFL's

Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas
Post Reply
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:23 pm

Questions about silencers and FFL's

Post by drive.1968 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:44 pm

If I fill out form 1 and 4 and those give me the authority to build my own silencer and or build my own 458 SOCOM SBR???

When I pass the inquiry do i get a license or a stamp and do either of them make me conform to the intricacies of being an FFL and put me on the ATF FFL list of people to walk into my home and do whatever they want to

Silent But Deadly
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:41 pm

Re: Questions about silencers and FFL's

Post by #40Fan » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:01 pm

By posting in this forum and asking these questions, the ATF will be by in the next week or so. They keep close tabs and own this forum.


Form 1's are to manufacturer a gun/silencer. Form 4's are to purchase SBRs/silencers/machine guns/other NFA items.

To make your gun into an SBR and to make a silencer, you need to only fill out the Form 1. You won't become an FFL holder, just a person with the legal right to build your SBR/silencer.

Post Reply