interchanging can calibers

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

HORSEDOC

interchanging can calibers

Post by HORSEDOC »

Can you run different calibers (smaller) through the same can? I have a 2004 Advanced Armament Pistol "Phantom" 7" 9mm can with 1/2 x 28 threads. I have an AR15 pistol with a 7-1/2 " Bbl 300 Blk Out with 5/8 x 24 threads. Are there adapters to convert to attach and most important, will the (I'm assuming) higher pressures of the 300 Blk Out blow up the 9mm can. I would be using 150g 300 Blk Out rounds (1900fps) or suppressed rds if called for.
Please advise if this feasible without killing myself!! Ike
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Re: interchanging can calibers

Post by johndoe3 »

Your suppressor is old design, back when AAC made them in the late 90's or early 2000's. Based on an old article, it is made only for 9mm without a Nielsen device (has aluminum parts).

You might be OK with 300 Blk subsonics only, when using an adaptor to mount it. However, if you want to shoot both supersonics and subsonics in 300 Blk, I suggest buying a 308 rifle suppressor. You might find a very good sale price on Silencer Shop for a suitable suppressor.

https://www.silencershop.com/silencers/ ... rifle.html
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
TacticalPino

Re: interchanging can calibers

Post by TacticalPino »

I got an adapter for my obsidian 9 to use on my 300 BLk from Hughes precision 5/8 x24 to 1/2x28. But make sure your can is rated for 300 and verify supers vs subs. The adapter is rated to supers.