Group buy 60* cones

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Sergeant
Silent But Deadly

Group buy 60* cones

Post by Sergeant »

We have put together a group buy of 17-4, 60* skirted cones at the other forum. They are just like the skirted cones some of the vendors used to provide. I just got tired of turning so many by hand and I like having the skirt attached. Here are the details....

We recieved a quote from a CNC shop to have a small run of cones (100) produced.
Specs...
17-4 stainless steel.
60* cone
1.497 OD
.75" skirt.
Price is $12.90 each.
Shipping is $65 and paypal service fee is $56.
Dividing that between 100 baffles is an extra $1.21 per baffle or $14.11 per baffle.
This price is for 100.
we have to order 1000 to get the price any lower. Anyone that orders but doesn't have a lathe, I will turn the skirt down to whatever measurement you need free of charge.

So....
Who's in?

Message me with your name, mailing address and quantity desired and extra services required. Boring, clipping, heat treatment...
I can recieve funds via paypal. Shipping is $7.90 using the post office flat rate boxes, if there's a cheaper way let me know.
garredondojr
Silent But Deadly

Re: Group buy 60* cones

Post by garredondojr »

cool deal. I'm not in the market but a few other spec's people may want to know is. thickness@skirt and baffle, current temper spec (a, h900, ect...), and base diameter (ie. where the cone is flat where the bore will be drilled....going with something that is nominal for say a 22 caliber can will give the end user more options in terms of caliber usage. something with a flat setup for a 46 cal can will leave a large ledge not ideal for a 22-9mm cal setup vs just drilling out a larger aperture will just shorten the cone as you open it up so it will work with a wider range of uses)
Sergeant
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sergeant »

These are the same cones that were sold by Diversified Machine and Totality. I believe we are getting these from the same manufacturer. I think the skirt wall is 0.030" but I'm not positive.
These are 17-4 Stainless annealed.
Joel45acp

Post by Joel45acp »

That’s would work for a 30cal can correct?
Joel C

Jeremiah 29:11
SILENCERSTUDENT

Post by SILENCERSTUDENT »

YES
FRANKIEBOOMS

Post by FRANKIEBOOMS »

Sorry new to this, but how many baffles would fit in an 8 inch tube, these seem to be exactly what I am looking for?
ECCO Machine
Silent But Deadly

Post by ECCO Machine »

FRANKIEBOOMS wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:41 pm Sorry new to this, but how many baffles would fit in an 8 inch tube, these seem to be exactly what I am looking for?
Depends on what you're trying to suppress. 9mm or 300 Blk subsonic, 12+. .308 Supersonic, go with 9. 5.56? Do a shorter tube with 5 or 6.
FFL07/02SOT Gunsmith & Machinist
Sergeant
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sergeant »

We submitted the order yesterday.
We ended up with a total of 285 cones ordered.
We will post other group buys in the future. If you're really interested don't wait too long.
After we submitted the order I got flooded with request to get on board.
Foster