Critique materials please

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

DTB_EOD

Critique materials please

Post by DTB_EOD »

This is my first time posting on this forum, and I have gained a great deal of knowledge from it as well. Also, this will serve as my first Form 1 as well as first suppressor. I have chose materials from suppliers who have a name that is synonymous with both quality and consistency. This suppressor will mainly sit on a standard AR-15, but will eventually see use on a 300 blk AR and a 308 bolt gun. Without getting too into the weeds, my goal is general sound reduction and will be shooting both subs and supers. I also plan on doing a DHC clip operation on the cones. I own a lathe, mill, and other machinist equipment so I will be able to do any machining with a fair amount of precision.

V1:
Q Plan B w/Cherry Bomb
White Trash Tactical heat treated 17-4 SS Hybrid Step Cones x2
(.580 skirt)
White Trash Tactical Gr5 Ti 60° Cones x7 (.5 skirt)
Maverick Precison Phoenix Tube 7 x 1.5 Gr9 Ti/Gr5 Ti end cap

The internal chamber of the tube is 4.520" so I will need to turn approximately .14 off the last cone. This setup give me a total of 9 cones with the first 2 being STEPPED and the other 7 being regular 60°.
ALL CONES WILL BE DHC CLIPPED

V2:
Q Plan B w/Cherry Bomb
White Trash Tactical heat treated 17-4 SS Hybrid Step Cones x2
(.580 skirt)
White Trash Tactical Gr5 Ti Hybrid Stepped Cones x6 (.580 skirt)
Maverick Precison Phoenix Tube 7 x 1.5 Gr9 Ti/Gr5 Ti end cap

The internal chamber of the tube is 4.520" so I will need to turn approximately .12 off the last cone. This setup give me a total of 8 cones but they will all be STEPPED
ALL CONES WILL BE DHC CLIPPED

Which set up do you guys think will have better suppression and performance? Thank you