Anyone's Trust address a P.O. Box?

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Casper
Silent But Deadly

Anyone's Trust address a P.O. Box?

Post by Casper »

I'm going to be moving in the not to distant future and I was thinking of setting up my trust under a P.O. Box. Does anyone know if setting up a trust that owns NFA items with a P.O. Box address is legit?
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Re: Anyone's Trust address a P.O. Box?

Post by Abiqua »

I have listed a PO Box as the mailing address while also listing the physical address on the forms.
Casper
Silent But Deadly

Post by Casper »

Abiqua wrote:I have listed a PO Box as the mailing address while also listing the physical address on the forms.
Thanks Abiqua.

Did you just put both addresses on the Form 4 or did you have it dual listed on the trust itself as well?
dan9591
Silent But Deadly

Post by dan9591 »

It was a no-go for me. It musts be a physical address. You can have a PO Box as a mailing address, but what's the point when they send the forms to your dealer anyways?

However, my post office (a true U.S. post office, not a UPS store) offers a service that gives you a physical address for your PO Box. You have to sign some papers and you could only use the "physical" address, not the PO Box. I did not do it, but you could try...
Casper
Silent But Deadly

Post by Casper »

dan9591 wrote:It was a no-go for me. It musts be a physical address. You can have a PO Box as a mailing address, but what's the point when they send the forms to your dealer anyways?

However, my post office (a true U.S. post office, not a UPS store) offers a service that gives you a physical address for your PO Box. You have to sign some papers and you could only use the "physical" address, not the PO Box. I did not do it, but you could try...
Good info., thanks Dan.

From the sounds of it, I think I might just wait to update until I have my new address.

Thank you much!
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

If you have a PO Box you also have to have an actual physical address since you won't be storing your NFA item in your Post Office box.

Most trusts would be deemed invalid if their address was a PO box.

Just put down the physical address and the PO box on the form and you will be fine.