Best way to contact Gemtech? Extremely Frustrated.

Company specific discussions and announcements.
44Dave

Best way to contact Gemtech? Extremely Frustrated.

Post by 44Dave »

I'm still waiting on my Form 3 to arrive, @ 3 + months. My dealer is worthless and won't follow up. Gemtech is not answering my emails and I can't get through to them on the phone.
If we're still waiting on the ATF, that's fine, but I don't know what we are waiting on because no one will tell me anything. Can anyone tell me what the best way to contact Gemtech is so I can talk to a live person and see what is going on?

It's going to be 2014 before I can shoot the damn thing now. :cry:
44Dave

Re: Best way to contact Gemtech? Extremely Frustrated.

Post by 44Dave »

Only thing I can think of is to hammer their phone lines until someone answers. Their voicemail says they are still closed, until Jan 2. Maybe they're just opening late today :/
44Dave

Post by 44Dave »

Ha, actually got someone on the phone today. Spoke to Ryan and he told me that he was still waiting on the ATF; resubmitted on Oct 1, which is a few weeks after what I was told. Refused to give me the s/n number.
So, I'm still frustrated, but at least I know who to be frustrated with now (ATF).
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

44Dave wrote:Ha, actually got someone on the phone today. Spoke to Ryan and he told me that he was still waiting on the ATF; resubmitted on Oct 1, which is a few weeks after what I was told. Refused to give me the s/n number.
So, I'm still frustrated, but at least I know who to be frustrated with now (ATF).
No Form3 takes that long. If you paid for the can they should be giving you the serial.

Personally I would cancel the order, get a refund and buy a can from another company/distributor.

What can did you order?
44Dave

Post by 44Dave »

This was for a "free" can I won at a shoot. I don't actually have any cash out of pocket yet but I do NOT have the free certificate in my hands anymore (Gemtech has it). I'm not sure how I would get a refund on that and it woudn't matter anyway since I would have to get it from Gemtech with a new dealer anyway.

Otherwise... I would have gotten a refund months ago. I placed the order with the dealer 6 months ago and it was only through my constant badgering that the order was ever placed at all. But even with all that, I don't know where else I would have gone. He was the best of a sorry lot in my area.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

44Dave wrote:This was for a "free" can I won at a shoot. I don't actually have any cash out of pocket yet but I do NOT have the free certificate in my hands anymore (Gemtech has it). I'm not sure how I would get a refund on that and it woudn't matter anyway since I would have to get it from Gemtech with a new dealer anyway.

Otherwise... I would have gotten a refund months ago. I placed the order with the dealer 6 months ago and it was only through my constant badgering that the order was ever placed at all. But even with all that, I don't know where else I would have gone. He was the best of a sorry lot in my area.
There are hundred and hundreds of SOT's out there. I bet there are at least 3 or 4 within a hundred mile radius of you.

For the future, an SOT only has to be in your state, you can drive to the other side of the state if it helps you!
44Dave

Post by 44Dave »

Bendersquint wrote: There are hundred and hundreds of SOT's out there. I bet there are at least 3 or 4 within a hundred mile radius of you.

For the future, an SOT only has to be in your state, you can drive to the other side of the state if it helps you!
At the time I could only uncover 3 or 4 in the state, and none of them were pearls. BUT I understand someone has opened a new business only 150 miles away. I sure don't mind driving for that. I just wish I had more $$$ to throw around on silencers ;)
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

44Dave wrote:
Bendersquint wrote: There are hundred and hundreds of SOT's out there. I bet there are at least 3 or 4 within a hundred mile radius of you.

At the time I could only uncover 3 or 4 in the state, and none of them were pearls. BUT I understand someone has opened a new business only 150 miles away. I sure don't mind driving for that. I just wish I had more $$$ to throw around on silencers ;)
What state are you in?
44Dave

Post by 44Dave »

NEbraska.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

44Dave wrote:NEbraska.
Contact Dave Hineline, not sure if he is close but he is a reputable dealer for future purchases.

DISCLAIMER - I have not dealt with him but based on my customers rave reviews I recommend him.
44Dave

Post by 44Dave »

I will check him out next time I need to NFA. Right now I'm spending all my money on guns - this whole panic buy thing came at the *worst* time for me. :(
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

44Dave wrote:I will check him out next time I need to NFA. Right now I'm spending all my money on guns - this whole panic buy thing came at the *worst* time for me. :(
Save some money for guns at reasonable prices when this all blows over.
44Dave

Post by 44Dave »

Oh, I'm not paying inflated prices but I am placing things on back order or finding the odd item I need here and there in stock - real retailers aren't inflating the prices so they just sell out real quick. Still, it sucks up money just as much to back order as it does to bring it home.
44Dave

Post by 44Dave »

Well, I just now got an Email saying that this shipped on Jan 4. I'm kinda having a hard time believing it.

I'm also kinda wondering how it shipped since my dealer hasn't informed me that it arrived yet.
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

From your discussion I would have to guess you got the Rob treatment. I have done my last Gemtech transfer not that I have ever done many, but all of them have turned into re-pair nightmares.

There are reputable NFA dealers in Omaha area, Fremont, Columbus, Elsie, Gothenburg, Scottsbluff area, Hastings area. I am in South Sioux City.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
Surly
Silent Operator

Post by Surly »

44Dave wrote:Well, I just now got an Email saying that this shipped on Jan 4. I'm kinda having a hard time believing it.

I'm also kinda wondering how it shipped since my dealer hasn't informed me that it arrived yet.
Which side of the state are you in?
44Dave

Post by 44Dave »

I'm in central.
Just waiting for the form 4 to get to me. I may end up making my own form 4 and taking it to the dealer to make him sign it.
Surly
Silent Operator

Post by Surly »

44Dave wrote:I'm in central.
Just waiting for the form 4 to get to me. I may end up making my own form 4 and taking it to the dealer to make him sign it.
Who is currently in possession of it, the dealer? If so, go ahead and do the Form 4 yourself...I would.
Chris88

Post by Chris88 »

I bought 2 suppressors from them on 10/15/12. And the dealer still does not have them. He said he is waiting for them to sent the paper work back? Once he gets them I will have to wait for the state to approve this. Them wait for the Feds.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Chris88 wrote:I bought 2 suppressors from them on 10/15/12. And the dealer still does not have them. He said he is waiting for them to sent the paper work back? Once he gets them I will have to wait for the state to approve this. Them wait for the Feds.

The last can i bought for a customer from gemtech was not delivered for almost 6 months! This can was said to be in stock and ready for transfer, this was several years ago.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

With all their issues it amazes me people still purchase thier product. So many better choices from companies with better product and customer service.
GoingQuiet
Silent But Deadly

Post by GoingQuiet »

44Dave wrote:I'm still waiting on my Form 3 to arrive, @ 3 + months. My dealer is worthless and won't follow up. Gemtech is not answering my emails and I can't get through to them on the phone.
If we're still waiting on the ATF, that's fine, but I don't know what we are waiting on because no one will tell me anything. Can anyone tell me what the best way to contact Gemtech is so I can talk to a live person and see what is going on?

It's going to be 2014 before I can shoot the damn thing now. :cry:
Sounds like you need a new dealer.
GoingQuiet.com
07 FFL / 02 SOT
Melbourne, FL
NFA Sales & Transfers, Silencerco Stocking Distributor, AAC, SigSauer, Gemtech, Rock River Arms Stocking Dealer
[email protected]
GoingQuiet
Silent But Deadly

Post by GoingQuiet »

Bendersquint wrote:
44Dave wrote:This was for a "free" can I won at a shoot. I don't actually have any cash out of pocket yet but I do NOT have the free certificate in my hands anymore (Gemtech has it). I'm not sure how I would get a refund on that and it woudn't matter anyway since I would have to get it from Gemtech with a new dealer anyway.

There are hundred and hundreds of SOT's out there. I bet there are at least 3 or 4 within a hundred mile radius of you.

Alternatively, you can be 8 hours away from your SOT and do a mail order sale, if they know their federal reg book.
GoingQuiet.com
07 FFL / 02 SOT
Melbourne, FL
NFA Sales & Transfers, Silencerco Stocking Distributor, AAC, SigSauer, Gemtech, Rock River Arms Stocking Dealer
[email protected]
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

Tell them to keep the fuckin thing and buy a Silencerco/SWR can through a reputable dealer. Problem solved. When your new can clears make sure to tell everyone you told Gemtech to keep the can you "won".

I can't stand when a person or company says one thing and does another. It boils my blood. I do everything I can to help educate others on which dealers are shady and who is GtG. Good luck man!
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

I have never had any issues contacting Gemtech and ordering stuff from them. I even ordered cans from them myself and never had any issues. Dealers in my area never had these problems and that's why they keep buying from them.

I think that there is more to this transfer story than what's being told, or a dealer that's dicking around.