What Happened to the AAC SR7?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

rmbstyle

What Happened to the AAC SR7?

Post by rmbstyle »

Im in the market for a new can for my 300 Blackout SBR build. I remember hearing about the new SR7, but when I went to the AAC website, I didnt see it. Did it get discontinued or something?
jradz
Silent Operator

Re: What Happened to the AAC SR7?

Post by jradz »

rmbstyle wrote:Im in the market for a new can for my 300 Blackout SBR build. I remember hearing about the new SR7, but when I went to the AAC website, I didnt see it. Did it get discontinued or something?
It's not discontinued; it hasn't been released yet.
No2sc2
Senior Silent Operator

Post by No2sc2 »

I been researching SR7 since they announced it back in 2011. They even posted it on their website at http://www.advanced-armament.com/ of the SR5 and SR7 with the Ranger 3. Now only the RANGER 3 is on the site while the other 2 is taken off the site. WHY WOULD AAC DO THAT RIGHT BEFORE RELEASE DATE? Maybe its cause they aren't making it anymore and just pretend like they trying to get it out. I don't think they ever going to come out with it. Someone up higher wanted a bonus so they made up a new suppressor.
57fairlane
Silent But Deadly

Post by 57fairlane »

I think they had to redesign the mount so the saker couldn't fit on it :?: :mrgreen:
Unobtanium
Silent But Deadly

Post by Unobtanium »

The mount was a horrible idea, what with two friction-inducing tapered surfaces and the heat/carbon and all. They would have had people using strap-wrenches and unscrewing mounts left and right. Kudos to them for not putting it out, and I hope they are fixing their mounts and coming out with something better.
GoingQuiet
Silent But Deadly

Post by GoingQuiet »

rmbstyle wrote:Im in the market for a new can for my 300 Blackout SBR build. I remember hearing about the new SR7, but when I went to the AAC website, I didnt see it. Did it get discontinued or something?
AAC has removed SR5/SR7 literature from the website due to demand. I talked with Derek Smith about this and he had a lot of new dealers and new customers asking about it and they have a full plate with everything else going on they removed it from the website to keep their sanity.

Many dealers do have SR5 and SR7 products on order and they will be filled eventually but they are NOT taking new orders for them.
GoingQuiet.com
07 FFL / 02 SOT
Melbourne, FL
NFA Sales & Transfers, Silencerco Stocking Distributor, AAC, SigSauer, Gemtech, Rock River Arms Stocking Dealer
[email protected]