Best rifle can to jailbreak?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

wacki
Silent But Deadly

Best rifle can to jailbreak?

Post by wacki »

I've got a Thompson THIRTY pending but I couldn't help and wonder....

If you were going to buy a sealed rifle can and then get it jail-broken, what would be a prime candidate? Are there structural issues that make this impossible on certain cans? Seems like all pistol cans can be jailbroken.

disclaimer: Ya, I know rifle cans generally don't need cleaning but lets say you plan on shooting cast boolits or just had an emotional desire to have take-apart cans. I dunno just humor me on this unconventional route.
Young88Baby

Re: Best rifle can to jailbreak?

Post by Young88Baby »

wacki wrote:I've got a Thompson THIRTY pending but I couldn't help and wonder....

If you were going to buy a sealed rifle can and then get it jail-broken, what would be a prime candidate? Are there structural issues that make this impossible on certain cans? Seems like all pistol cans can be jailbroken.

disclaimer: Ya, I know rifle cans generally don't need cleaning but lets say you plan on shooting cast boolits or just had an emotional desire to have take-apart cans. I dunno just humor me on this unconventional route.

whats jail broken? does it mean to take it apart to clean it?
then check out hunterstown they have a sound suppressor called kestrel for no more than $500 that unscrews

IM getting one just for my ak because my surfire will get a baffle stirke since ak threading isnt done correctly, plus hunterstown replaces it for free if you ever get a baffle strike lol
Young88Baby

Post by Young88Baby »

seems cool tho could i jailbreak my surefire?
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

Young88Baby wrote:IM getting one just for my ak because my surfire will get a baffle stirke since ak threading isnt done correctly, plus hunterstown replaces it for free if you ever get a baffle strike lol
Rethread your barrel. MUCH better option.

Jailbreak = turning a sealed to a take apart.
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

Most QUALITY rifle cans are welded, for good reason.
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

Rifle cans don't need to come apart for cleaning
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

Not all AK threads are bad, both mine were about perfect (Draco and WASR10).

Op, guy at the range a couple weeks back had a Thirty on a 308 bolt gun, sounded ridiculous with subs. Still sounded good with full power too.
atilliar
Silent Operator

Post by atilliar »

I must live under a rock or something... This is the first I've heard of Hunterstown. How do they stack up? It's also the only silencer maker I've ever heard of that makes rifle cans serviceable.. Is that generally safe? How do they stand up to other cans as far as sound reduction? I have to admit that while I own two AAC cans the prices on their website are very enticing. That being said I also know that you often get what you pay for... Any thoughts?
"What worries me is not the younger generation's rebelliousness in petty matters, but their tameness in great matters." Albert Jay Nock
M4-1000
Eco 9
Omega
SBR
57fairlane
Silent But Deadly

Post by 57fairlane »

atilliar wrote:It's also the only silencer maker I've ever heard of that makes rifle cans serviceable..
Thompson Machine Sixteen
Liberty Constitution

and if you're old school, TAC-16
gunguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunguy »

I like my old school tac16. Its not a bad can for the money."
AAC Cyclone-BRANDED FOR LIFE MEMBER
atilliar
Silent Operator

Post by atilliar »

Thanks for the info guys. Any thoughts on how the huntertown performs?
"What worries me is not the younger generation's rebelliousness in petty matters, but their tameness in great matters." Albert Jay Nock
M4-1000
Eco 9
Omega
SBR