Engineering Study

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Shift1
Silent But Deadly

Re: Engineering Study

Post by Shift1 »

As mentioned further up in the thread...for really current stuff look at patents. As to books there are a few out there....Paulson's are a good source for some theory and pics. One of the mantras here has been to look at what the big boys are doing and follow their lead. They have spent the thousands and thousands of dollars on the r&d...something most f1 builders cannot do. Be careful with paternts though....do not want an unnecessary infringement suit on your hands
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."- Samuel Adams
"LP"
bigb6456

Post by bigb6456 »

Thank you everyone for the input, it looks like I may have chosen a subject a little bit to advanced for myself at this time. How ever if I can wrap my mind around all the different aspects of the science then I might be able to start to understand the engineering aspects as well.

My uncle owns a firearms company and I help him out around the office, I spoke with him and he said that when it comes to silencers it's not all pipes and steel wool or big ass potatoes (whatever that means).

If you all could keep the input coming it sure would be nice, and also it's nice to know there's a forum where the members aren't rude ass clowns and actually help a noobie out.

THANKS EVERY ONE WHO POSTED!!! :D :D :D :D
MCKNBRD
Silent But Deadly

Post by MCKNBRD »

Wait, we're not rude? :evil:

Jeez, ya'll...we're slipping!

:lol: