Kahr P45 Suppressed

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

475AR

Kahr P45 Suppressed

Post by 475AR »

Since I got my Kahr P45 I have wanted to suppress it, I went so far as to get a 2nd barrel for it just incase something went wrong. Well I had spoken to several people about extending the factory barrel and threading it, I was told by several people that I would have to get a custom barrel made that was extended and then thread it. I tried to see if a P45 barrel would work but no go. :( then one day I was looking on this forum and ran across a thread about extending and threading a sig p238 barrel and posted to see if the same could be done to the p45, kc0myg replied that it could be done but he would have to see the barrel/slide to see how the best way to do it would be. He looked @ pics of the p45 and let me know he thought it could be done so I shipped him the p45 top end and spare barrel. He then looked @ it and suggested a fixed extension that was threaded. I gave him the green light and within a week or so I had it back and could not be happier. :D I got a chance over the weekend to run about 20 rounds thru it (blazer 230gr) and a couple handloads with 230gr fmj and N320 powder at a local indoor range. The scilencer I have for it is a Thompson Machine Poseidon 45 and with both rounds was quite and I must say it was better then I thought it would be. I ran several rounds thru it with out the poseidon on to verify it was shooting as well as it did before I sent it, I am happy to say it is. I then ran a few rounds thru it dry and with out the wipe and it was quieter then with out the poseidon but not close to hearing safe. Next I added the wipe which made a big improvement and then I added a bit of wire pulling gel (a little to much and the first shot looked like I had been sprayed with oil :lol: ) but the next few shots were the quietest and what I would call hearing ok. Over the next few months I want to work up some handloads that should make it very quiet. I am very happy with the work kc0myg did and will be sending my p380 to him for the same work. Here is a pic, I will post more pics of kc0myg's work this weekend.
McLarenross
Silent But Deadly

Re: Kahr P45 Suppressed

Post by McLarenross »

Sweet. Ive been wondering if this was possible as I wanted to get one of the mini Kahrs myself and thought about suppressing it. Thanks for sharing.
There are no "ex-Marines", just Marines who arent active anymore.
kc0myg
Senior Silent Operator

Post by kc0myg »

Thanks for the kind words. Looking forward to doing your 380 also.
If anyone needs similar work, feel free to PM me.
Syntax360
Silent But Deadly

Post by Syntax360 »

Looks great!
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

James Bond was a pauper.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Dann0

Post by Dann0 »

I had a Kahr TP45 barrel chamber area turned down on an engine lathe to the exact length of the chamber area/lockup area on the PM45 barrel and the modified TP45 is an exact drop-in fit. This leaves almost an inch to thread with a .578x28 die and square the mating surface on the threaded end to seat snug against the suppressor. EZ-PZ - a perfect fit.

If you put the PM45 and TP45 barrels side by side with the breach ends lined up and the top surfaces clamped to a smooth flat surface, you can see they are identical. The TP45 is an inches longer. And chamber lockup area is longer. But this can be turned down to drop into the PM45.