buckmark & swr Spectre 2 vid

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Re: buckmark & swr Spectre 2 vid

Post by johndoe3 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RzaJqG4GwI

Hotlink: Display your video on Youtube and highlight and copy the URL in your browser (CTRL-C).
Then in your post here, click on the URL button, and between the two parts "" paste your link (CTRL-V is paste).
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
1slow01Z71
Silent Operator

Post by 1slow01Z71 »

How is having to remove a bunch of screws easier than pulling a pin to break down the ruger? A $10 bushing fixes the trigger issues and the ruger is over 50 bucks cheaper. Guess I'm just having trouble understanding how its better than the ruger. Ive shot both and my ruger blows the buckmark away in accuracy and trigger feel especially now that theyve got the lite series.
Misspelled and missing words delivered to you via the hunt-and-peck method on my phone
DoctorSolo
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoctorSolo »

1slow01Z71 wrote: Guess I'm just having trouble understanding how its better than the ruger. Ive shot both and my ruger blows the buckmark away in accuracy and trigger feel especially now that theyve got the lite series.
Huh.
My buckmark camper is probably the most accurate pistol I own. It is far more accurate than my 22/45. Even after the bushing replacement, the Browning is better-even without the spring flip.

The only thing the ruger has going for it, is the action noise is quieter.
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

bwp777 wrote:check it out on youtube. not sure how to hotlink. sorry

user name is bwp777
So in your video you spoke about a trust and having to engrave your can?? You didnt make the Specter 2 so why did you engrave your trust name in it?? I have a trust an the only weapons that have my trust name engraved in it are my form 1 items.
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
1slow01Z71
Silent Operator

Post by 1slow01Z71 »

DoctorSolo wrote:
1slow01Z71 wrote: Guess I'm just having trouble understanding how its better than the ruger. Ive shot both and my ruger blows the buckmark away in accuracy and trigger feel especially now that theyve got the lite series.
Huh.
My buckmark camper is probably the most accurate pistol I own. It is far more accurate than my 22/45. Even after the bushing replacement, the Browning is better-even without the spring flip.

The only thing the ruger has going for it, is the action noise is quieter.
Is your 22/45 a lite or regular? The BAM bushing greatly improves trigger feel and a quick pass of the sear on a wet stone while I'm in there makes it pretty dang good. For the $100 difference between them I can add the full volquartsen kit and have a trigger that rivals top tier 1911s. Maybe I got lucky with my lite but it shoots the cheap crap much better than my buddys buckmark. Maybe his was made on a Monday but the lites shoot pretty darn well and well, theyre light. Ive never understood the complaining about breaking it down. Once you get rid of the mag disconnect BS it takes me all of 10 minutes to totally break it down, clean it and have itback together.
Misspelled and missing words delivered to you via the hunt-and-peck method on my phone
edarahk

Post by edarahk »

Have a buckmark with a trail-lite upper, and a 22/45 lite. I bought the volquarsten bushing/hammer/sear and trigger for the ruger, and I still think the buckmark trigger is better. The 22/45 lite trigger still has just a tiny amount of creep that annoys me.

Accuracy.. they're both pretty nice I wouldn't say one is better than the other.
I also have a Sparrow and a Spectre II. I like the Spectre II but for some reason it causes a lot more fouling on the barrel crowns than the sparrow. The Spectre is also just a little harder to clean since you have to break apart the baffles, and then find the back baffle before you reassemble. I can see how someone might mess that up.

Love the dog remark "It's a boxer..." hahaha.
Good vid man.
Silencerco Sparrow SS / Ruger 10/22
SWR Spectre II / Ruger 22/45 Lite
SWR Specwar / DDM4 v7
1slow01Z71
Silent Operator

Post by 1slow01Z71 »

edarahk wrote:Have a buckmark with a trail-lite upper, and a 22/45 lite. I bought the volquarsten bushing/hammer/sear and trigger for the ruger, and I still think the buckmark trigger is better. The 22/45 lite trigger still has just a tiny amount of creep that annoys me.

Accuracy.. they're both pretty nice I wouldn't say one is better than the other.
I also have a Sparrow and a Spectre II. I like the Spectre II but for some reason it causes a lot more fouling on the barrel crowns than the sparrow. The Spectre is also just a little harder to clean since you have to break apart the baffles, and then find the back baffle before you reassemble. I can see how someone might mess that up.

Love the dog remark "It's a boxer..." hahaha.
Good vid man.
The pretravel screw can be a bit tricky to adjust but I've installed half a dozen of them now and they eleminate all pretravel in my experience. With the volquartsen sear you can set it to be right on the edge of the sear and still be safe.
LittleLebowski

Post by LittleLebowski »

Funny how many YouTube folks can't post to a forum in anything other than text-speak.
Bull City Heel

Post by Bull City Heel »

Jt.kline19 wrote:
bwp777 wrote:check it out on youtube. not sure how to hotlink. sorry

user name is bwp777
So in your video you spoke about a trust and having to engrave your can?? You didnt make the Specter 2 so why did you engrave your trust name in it?? I have a trust an the only weapons that have my trust name engraved in it are my form 1 items.

^Yep, just form 1
danb35
Silent Operator

Post by danb35 »

You didn't want to "poke the tiger" by failing to do something that there's not the faintest hint of any legal requirement to do? Not engraving your name on a suppressor you bought is "poking the tiger" in the same way that not painting your name on your car is.
1slow01Z71
Silent Operator

Post by 1slow01Z71 »

danb35 wrote:You didn't want to "poke the tiger" by failing to do something that there's not the faintest hint of any legal requirement to do? Not engraving your name on a suppressor you bought is "poking the tiger" in the same way that not painting your name on your car is.
Just goes to show how little many youtube warriors know about the subject theyre talking about. Or maybe hes sponsored by Ident Marking... :lol:
Bull City Heel

Post by Bull City Heel »

danb35 wrote:You didn't want to "poke the tiger" by failing to do something that there's not the faintest hint of any legal requirement to do? Not engraving your name on a suppressor you bought is "poking the tiger" in the same way that not painting your name on your car is.

:shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: