What .30 cal can?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

rsm688
Silent But Deadly

What .30 cal can?

Post by rsm688 »

Well guys I have been INSANELY busy the past two years and have not been able to keep up on here or keep track of the developments with all of the suppressor manufacturers. Anyways, I am looking to pick up a .30 cal can to use on my bolt guns and AR. I used to know what the best cans were but I have no clue with all the changes that have been going on.

So what are the top .30 cal cans on the market right now and what do ya'll reccomend?

Thanks,
Spencer
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Re: What .30 cal can?

Post by samson7x »

I just bought an AAC 300TM for dedicated bolt gun use, but since you are pulling double duty on a semi auto as well I'd look at the Specwar and the Saker which will be out soon.
hottnucks

Post by hottnucks »

Silencerco Saker 762
MCKNBRD
Silent But Deadly

Post by MCKNBRD »

Specwar, Saker, & 762-SDN-6 seem to be the front runners right now. AAC has the SR7 coming out shortly with the 90T mount. There are many Ti models out and about, too.

Lots of choices now!
Byrdman
Shootsmith

Post by Shootsmith »

MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

I have the Specwar 762 and 300 TM. Both will handle any 30 cal cartridge. The 300TM is going on a bolt rifle and the Specwar will eventually pull duty on some kind of full auto.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

The top can will be the Saker 762 coming out this year.

Weighs about 20 ounces, the same as the SDN-6 and SR7, and lighter than the Specwar.

Entire baffle stack is made of Stellite; they say about 30% stronger than Inconel.

Interchangeable mounting options, direct thread or quick mounts (with other silencer brands too).

Good to go with bolts, AR's, SBR's, and MG's.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Input is to check out the YHM suppressor line. I have a 1st gen YHM 7.62QD supressor that I'm absolutely satisfied with. It's a heavy bitch, but doubles as a blunt force weapon, and tent stake pounder inner. Use it on 5.56 platforms more often than 7.62 weapons.

YHM have lighter weight 7.62 offerings available now. YHM 7.62 supressors field performance is on par with any on the market. If the transfer wait time for NFA stuff wasn't so long, I'd do a YHM QD3400, stainless supressor at 25oz. Best 30cal. supression available, and rated for 300winmag.

The YHM QD mounts give reasonable cost value for multiple host use. A litle fugly, but functional.

Just my 2 cents worth.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
MCKNBRD
Silent But Deadly

Post by MCKNBRD »

continuity wrote:...It's a heavy bitch, but doubles as a blunt force weapon, and tent stake pounder inner...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quoted for multifunctionality!!!

Byrdman
m4a1sof

Post by m4a1sof »

In keeping with the YHM vein they just came out this year with a titanium version of the new Phantom LT. Might want to check it out. I would have bought one but they werent out yet when I got the SS version last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjzxgecnkIY#t=62
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

What hosts do you shoot the most? If it's 300 blackout add liberty chaotic to the mix.

If it's cast boolits check out Thompson machine thirty.

If it's bolt guns then check out liberty freedom.

If it's the AR then saker & chaotic.

Give us more info.