Using Saker MAAD mount

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

jh1990
Silent Operator

Using Saker MAAD mount

Post by jh1990 »

Pretty much all the home made cans I've seen are thread on. Has anyone purchased a Saker MAAD mount to use in their form1 can to make it QD?
Dr.K
Silent But Deadly

Re: Using Saker MAAD mount

Post by Dr.K »

Honestly, I can't find some earth shaking advantage to qd ....besides the cool factor of making it yourself maybe.

I mean, I put in 30 to 60 hours in machining a can. What the hell is 10 more seconds to put it on or take it off?

I've never had a can unscrew itself. I'm kinda ocd about checking though. Actually, the only can I've had back off was an sdn6, it lost a couple of clicks while slung on my back, while I was wrestling a pig.

I personally can't justify making a can that has to work with someone else's mounting system.

That's my take on it.
Kyle O.
Shift1
Silent But Deadly

Post by Shift1 »

Dr.K wrote:Honestly, I can't find some earth shaking advantage to qd ....besides the cool factor of making it yourself maybe.

I mean, I put in 30 to 60 hours in machining a can. What the hell is 10 more seconds to put it on or take it off?

I've never had a can unscrew itself. I'm kinda ocd about checking though. Actually, the only can I've had back off was an sdn6, it lost a couple of clicks while slung on my back, while I was wrestling a pig.

I personally can't justify making a can that has to work with someone else's mounting system.

That's my take on it.
Personally I like the quick mounts because you are not putting the threads at risk, but there is a tolerance to Quick mounts that can cause potential miss-alignment issues. They require space to be able to slide on and off. They also add extra weight.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."- Samuel Adams
"LP"
mhidpa
Senior Silent Operator

Post by mhidpa »

I haven't seen the Silencerco mounts in person, but I made my Form 1 can to use YHM mounts.