Bowers Griptastic cover

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

glocking26
Silent Operator

Bowers Griptastic cover

Post by glocking26 »

Any of you guys using one? If so how does it work for you?
Thanks
Mike
chili17
Elite Member

Re: Bowers Griptastic cover

Post by chili17 »

They work well. FYI, if used on a rifle can they can still get to hot to hold
Hipes Consulting Services LLC
FFL/SOT 07/02
North Texas
[email protected]
glocking26
Silent Operator

Post by glocking26 »

Thanks
Mike
John4045
Silent Operator

Post by John4045 »

Yes, they still can get hot even with the cover.

It's especially nice when you have to re-tighten the can. You don't have to reach for the Ove-glove. Another thing is that it may not fit in your molle pouch anymore.
wmdaniel70
Senior Silent Operator

Post by wmdaniel70 »

I have one on my CAC9 on a full auto Uzi. It works great! Sure it can get hot, but it never has been hot enough that I couldn't hold it. Good product.
LoudasFawk
Silent Operator

Post by LoudasFawk »

I run one on my M10/45-CAC45, as other have stated they still get hot....
marcus99
Senior Silent Operator

Post by marcus99 »

I have one that i cut down to about 2" in length and have mounted on the mount-end of my Bowers VERS 9S. I use it primarily to keep the can tight on my fullauto M11/9 when firing.
Garrett
Silent But Deadly

Post by Garrett »

marcus99 wrote:I have one that i cut down to about 2" in length and have mounted on the mount-end of my Bowers VERS 9S. I use it primarily to keep the can tight on my fullauto M11/9 when firing.
Really? That doesn't seem like much length to grip. I'd think after a couple of mag dumps you'd still run the risk of toasting your hand if you reach up quick to check the can.

I cut one down to around 4", which seems to be about right for me. I didn't care for the full-length-over-the-can look, and prefer to leave most of the can hanging out the end for better cooling. Or something.

As noted by others, the Griptastic covers work well. They are much better than the old nomex covers from back in the day. My personal favorite is the nomex and leather cover from Beeps Pouches - long since discontinued, though. The Bowers offering is a close second, as it is not as bulky as the leather one. The Griptastic is a bit of a pain to get on and off, but it's not that big of a deal. It's a 3-to-5 minute activity, where the lace-on leather one is much quicker.

marcus99
Senior Silent Operator

Post by marcus99 »

Garrett wrote:
marcus99 wrote:I have one that i cut down to about 2" in length and have mounted on the mount-end of my Bowers VERS 9S. I use it primarily to keep the can tight on my fullauto M11/9 when firing.
Really? That doesn't seem like much length to grip. I'd think after a couple of mag dumps you'd still run the risk of toasting your hand if you reach up quick to check the can.
Yeah, something like that give or take a bit. I don't grab the can all out when shooting; I basically rest the edge of my palm on the VFG, and grab the griptastic portion of the can with my index, middle and ring finger with my pinky kind of dangling. It keeps it tight while shooting as well as balances the subgun.

This is the only picture I have on hand of my modded griptastic cover on my VERS 9S:

strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

I love mine on my Lage .22/M11A1/ Sparrow combo . I need it for a 200 round burst.

If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
Prince Yamato
Silent But Deadly

Post by Prince Yamato »

One day, when I either win the lottery, or they open the registry, I'll buy some of that fun.