Griffin Armament Recce 7?

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

ZX6RNinja

Re: Griffin Armament Recce 7?

Post by ZX6RNinja »

A quick clip of my 6.8 without and with a Mod 2 Recce 7. My Sierra Pro Hunter 110 loads are still sub MOA with the can on.

https://vimeo.com/135109596
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

NICE! Sounds really good on the 6.8

I'm going to pick mine up on Monday (Finally got time from work) very excited 8)
ZX6RNinja

Post by ZX6RNinja »

quiettime wrote:NICE! Sounds really good on the 6.8

I'm going to pick mine up on Monday (Finally got time from work) very excited 8)
Congrats, you'll like it. Obviously video doesn't tell all the story, but I'm very pleased with how it performs.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

Man I LIKE this can. With a 240 SMK over 10.0 gr 1680 it sounds like CO2 pistol with no pellet in it (we've all done that, right? Lol)

Taper Mount feels rock-solid and the weight is not bad at all on my 8.2"

I see SS has gone up on the price about $90 which is too bad but if you've really been thinking about one of these I'd go for it. Sounds good and feels solid. I'm happy so far
ZX6RNinja

Post by ZX6RNinja »

I knew you'd like it. I bet it's sweet on an 8.2 inch barrel. The taper mount is solid and I have found it to be extremely repeatable.
kbinmt

Post by kbinmt »

I have been shooting my recce7 on a 33k in 5.56. I really like the setup, and it sounds great. I am thinking a recce5 might be in the future for that gun, just to save a little weight and length. But, for this year's pronghorn season.....
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

kbinmt wrote:... I am thinking a recce5 might be in the future for that gun, just to save a little weight and length. But, for this year's pronghorn season.....
should be getting my 5 in the next month-ish and I'll post a side-by-side review with the 7
sqidgy789

Post by sqidgy789 »

Speaking to Griffin Armament, I got to meet their President at a silencer shoot. He was a pretty cool guy. Even lent us his Agency Arms custom Glock. Got to shoot the Recce 5, and both Revo 45 and 9. was happy all around with their line. Hoping to buy a Recce 5 this week. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who like Griffin
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

Extremely happy with my Recce 5. For the size and weight it does a fantastic job of suppressing, and the price is not bad. You won't be disappointed.
sqidgy789

Post by sqidgy789 »

Ordered my Recce 5. Now the fun part.... Waiting. :|
Toetagger
Silent Operator

Post by Toetagger »

About to pull the trigger on the mod 3 today. Any more updates anyone would care to add... I'm very excited to get this thing ordered.. Thanks