Element 2 Body threading off mount?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

KSmoker

Element 2 Body threading off mount?

Post by KSmoker »

I was shooting my recently transferred Element 2 this weekend for the first time. Went to remove the suppressor after only 50rnds and the body of the suppressor threaded off first. Can was barely warm to the touch. What would you guys recommend as a fix for this? Would Loctite 242 be enough or should I use something like 262?

Also, accuracy has been sub standard with this suppressor. Can changing the baffle arrangement help with that any?
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Re: Element 2 Body threading off mount?

Post by RJT »

Mine did the same thing after half a box. I called AAC about it, and they said it probably didn't have the Rocksett applied properly. All I had to do was send it in, and they would take care of it. I decided to leave it as is, and have had no issues with over 2k rounds through it. I actually like being able to get the mount off, as it makes cleaning the tube much easier. Give it time, and the finish will come off too. Mine is "white" now. As to accuracy issues, what host are you using? My FVSR's groups actually tightened up a hair. It's definitely a great can.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
aries14482
Silent But Deadly

Re: Element 2 Body threading off mount?

Post by aries14482 »

You can take care of it yourself with some Rocksett. Just be sure to clean and degrease the threads before applying it. I love Rocksett- works great and never comes loose without applying a good amount of torque.