Remington 7 vs 700 AAC-SD in 300blk?

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Remington 7 vs 700 AAC-SD in 300blk?

Post by jlwilliams »

What is the difference and what are the relative pros and cons of a Remington 7 vs the similarly configured Remington 700 in the same caliber? I know the mod 7 is a slightly shorter action and that the AAC version has a unique stock, but what other differences are there? Overall weight? Parts issues? The two rifles are close in price and there doesn't seem to be a huge difference. What am I overlooking?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Remington 7 vs 700 AAC-SD in 300blk?

Post by Bendersquint »

jlwilliams wrote:What is the difference and what are the relative pros and cons of a Remington 7 vs the similarly configured Remington 700 in the same caliber? I know the mod 7 is a slightly shorter action and that the AAC version has a unique stock, but what other differences are there? Overall weight? Parts issues? The two rifles are close in price and there doesn't seem to be a huge difference. What am I overlooking?
Not sure the exact difference but I know for a fact that there is alot more aftermarket support for the Rem700 than the 7.

More stocks, chassis, trigger, scope bases etc...

Go Rem700 and never look back!
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

I heard there was feed issues with the Model 7, but they may have sorted that out by now. Barrel contour is smaller as well.

Bender hit the nail square on the head. Get the 700.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

The Model 7 is shorter and lighter. I bought my Granddaughter a model 7 in 243 that is an excellent rifle, no feed issues. I own a 700 in 308 also. For woods hunting I like the model 7 better.
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

dtom29 wrote:The Model 7 is shorter and lighter. I bought my Granddaughter a model 7 in 243 that is an excellent rifle, no feed issues. I own a 700 in 308 also. For woods hunting I like the model 7 better.

I was referring to the caliber in question. ;-)

http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=82268

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/rifl ... issue.html
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.