tirant .45 piston housing possible issue

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

dixieandbacon

tirant .45 piston housing possible issue

Post by dixieandbacon »

So I just got my tirant .45 monday and when I broke it down to clean it this happened. I thought it was suppose to come apart then I read in another thread about a 9mm tirant doing the same thing and nick and a few others saying it isn't suppose to come apart. Is this suppose to come apart or do I need to loctite it ? I wasn't sure if maybe the newer one's are suppose to come apart.

ImageImage
dixieandbacon

Re: tirant .45 piston housing possible issue

Post by dixieandbacon »

Anybody?
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

that sleeve part is not supposed to come out. simple fix is a drop of red loctite. or you can send it back to AAC and they will put a drop of sealer on and send to back to you.

Third option is reassemble and shoot it, with the knowledge that you can really really break it down to get everything clean.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

JasonM wrote:
Third option is reassemble and shoot it, with the knowledge that you can really really break it down to get everything clean.

If you feel comfortable with this, it is a good option. I have 2 AAC cans that come apart more than they are supposed to(not enough Rocksett?), and I can get them really clean. I just remember to make sure EVERYTHING is tight.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
dixieandbacon

Post by dixieandbacon »

well it can't come loose while firing if I have the end cap tight correct ? Or can it still come untightened if the end cap is tight? Just wouldn't want it to come loose inside the can while I was firing. I don't have it with me to check and see if it's possible to unscrew while firing even if the end cap is tight.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

dixieandbacon wrote:well it can't come loose while firing if I have the end cap tight correct ? Or can it still come untightened if the end cap is tight? Just wouldn't want it to come loose inside the can while I was firing. I don't have it with me to check and see if it's possible to unscrew while firing even if the end cap is tight.
It can loosen up while shooting, and then gunk will build up into all those holes at the bottom. Which makes for MORE unnecessary cleaning if anything.

So I chose to seal mine like it's supposed to be. There's already enough to worry about when shooting suppressed.

Just be sure to use red loctite/threadlocker 272 (high temp version).
dixieandbacon

Post by dixieandbacon »

So a drop of red loctite 272 on the inside of the cap female side. Just as tight as I can get it with my hand I'm assuming ?
dixieandbacon

Post by dixieandbacon »

Kinda sucks that red loctite was 52 bucks and I'm never going to use it again ever.
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

You can buy a 6 ml tube for $7 on Amazon. I picked one up for $10 locally.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

dixieandbacon wrote:So a drop of red loctite 272 on the inside of the cap female side. Just as tight as I can get it with my hand I'm assuming ?
That's what I did, inside cap female threads. Applied a thin strip of 272 all the way around... in the middle section of the threads.
Don't apply it near the thread ends, else the loctite will just seep down to the bottom when you tighten it down.
Be sure to clean up all the threads really good first. Acetone, alcohol pads.

Yep hand tighten firmly.
Like Abiqua said, i just bought a small tube of it online.
dixieandbacon

Post by dixieandbacon »

Unfortunately I went to 3 places and they only had the big bottle.