Ti-Rant Question

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

u52
Silent Operator

Ti-Rant Question

Post by u52 »

I am wanting to purchase another pistol can and have been kicking the Ti-Rant 45 around for quite a while. I was ready to make the purchase, but when I went to the AAC website it showed all of the pistons were out of stock. Are they phasing them out to replace the Tirant with something new?? I wanted to purchase extra pistons before the can so I could use it on multi-caliber host weapons. Also, I want another rimfire can to go with my prodigy. Any input on the Element or anything better?? I appreciate any help toward this topic!! :D
speed6
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Ti-Rant Question

Post by speed6 »

My NFA dealer had extra pistons for my ti-rant 9 in stock, along with fixed spacers. You may want to talk with a dealer and see if they already have some and can supply them with your can. Also, keep in mind you will be waiting 3-4 months for your paperwork and the pistons will probably be back in stock by then. I can't imagine AAC getting rid of the ti-rant line any time soon, but I could be wrong.
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Post by AlabamaPaul »

speed6 wrote:My NFA dealer had extra pistons for my ti-rant 9 in stock, along with fixed spacers. You may want to talk with a dealer and see if they already have some and can supply them with your can. Also, keep in mind you will be waiting 3-4 months for your paperwork and the pistons will probably be back in stock by then. I can't imagine AAC getting rid of the ti-rant line any time soon, but I could be wrong.
Pretty sure the TiRant 9 is already out of production, replaced by the Illusion...
NickAAC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by NickAAC »

Tirant pistons are not being phased out, two tirants have been discontinued, tirant 9 and tirant 45s. The others are still going and the pistons are just out of stock right now due to the recent move of inventory, it caused some issues. They will be back shortly. Also, we have a new piston for the tirant 45 that will be added shortly, 1/2-36 for the people with 9mm ARs.
Nick
Customer service at Advanced Armament Corporation
[email protected]
u52
Silent Operator

Post by u52 »

Thanks for the info. So is the Tirant 45 my best choice or should I look at something else? Same question on the Element.
NickAAC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by NickAAC »

For versatility, the Tirant 45 or 45M are great choices, so you can use it on a 9 or 40 also. And Element 2 is still the best choice as far as a .22 can, especially for versatility between a rifle and pistol, plus you can shoot .22 mag and .17HMR. The Aviator 2 is a good choice if you only want to shoot .22LR and want a cheaper price point. If it is dedicated for a rifle and you want the ease of cleaning, the Mercury is a great choice. But keep in mind, just like the prodigy, you'll have first round pop with the Mercury on a pistol.
Nick
[email protected]
tReznr
Senior Silent Operator

Post by tReznr »

NickAAC wrote:Tirant pistons are not being phased out, two tirants have been discontinued, tirant 9 and tirant 45s. The others are still going and the pistons are just out of stock right now due to the recent move of inventory, it caused some issues. They will be back shortly. Also, we have a new piston for the tirant 45 that will be added shortly, 1/2-36 for the people with 9mm ARs.
Both the Tirant 9 and 45s are still up on the website.

Why where they discontinued?
"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"

-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
NickAAC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by NickAAC »

Yes, they are still on the website...

The 45S was discontinued because there's a 45M coming which is both long and short.

The Tirant 9 was discontinued because the Tirant 45 works on a 9mm and more people buy it than the 9. Plus we replaced it with the Illusion 9.
Nick
[email protected]
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

will someone with AAC please look into why my damn the man products i only got half of my stuff ? ive called 4 times or last 3 months and get rrunaround , and its getting to piss me off

Your invoice #WO19764
Thanks!

Order WO19764

it should be xxl shirts and 45 piston . i get different excuse and there is no excuse for long a wait
n.franklin
Senior Silent Operator

Post by n.franklin »

u52 wrote:Thanks for the info. So is the Tirant 45 my best choice or should I look at something else? Same question on the Element.
Shot side-by-side, my Glock 19 with TiRant 9 is significantly quieter than a full size M&P 45 with TiRant 45 (147gr for 9mm; 230gr for .45). All but one of my handguns is a 9mm, so the choice was easy for me.