Waiting on Silencerco Osprey; questions on getting SBR set up for it

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

Nikwho

Waiting on Silencerco Osprey; questions on getting SBR set up for it

Post by Nikwho »

Hello all,
I have decided on an Osprey 45 to run on my Sig Scorpion 1911 and my 300 BLK. I have a few questions about getting my firearms setup so that they will be ready when my Osprey gets released to me. I think that my Sig 1911 is a no-brainer. I got a factory Sig threaded barrel and will get the piston for it. I have more questions about my 300 BLK. It is currently a pistol, built by myself.

My 300 BLK is equipped as follows:
Black Rain Ordinance billet lower
VLTOR MUR upper
10.5" 300 BLK barrel, pistol length gas tube.
run of the mill low profile gas block
pistol buffer tube

My specific questions are:
When my SBR stamp comes back & I switch to the rifle length buffer tube, what buffer should I run? Different from a standard rifle buffer spring?
Should I change my gas block out to an adjustable gas block, for reliability?
I will not use the piston with the spring on the AR, right? I've read that I would remove that and replace with a solid thread adapter for the Osprey. Is that correct?

Are there any other considerations to think of to make my firearms function well?

Thanks much!
Nik C.
Jstam

Re: Waiting on Silencerco Osprey; questions on getting SBR set up for it

Post by Jstam »

Nik,
Any standard buffer tube should work. If you experience cycling issues then I would switch to a heavier H3 buffer.
Again I wouldn't worry about changing things up a ton unless you have issues. If you change the buffer and still have issues then I would look at an adjustable gas block.
When using the Osprey with a fixed barrel host like your VLTR you will want to use the correct piston and replace the booster spring with a fixed barrel spacer.
Jacob Stam
Customer Service Manager
Silencerco
[email protected]
Loki_stormbringer
Silent Operator

Post by Loki_stormbringer »

Others will chime in but I don't believe you will have to change your gas setup or install an adjustable gas block. 300blk was made to run with a pistol length gas setup.

You don't want the spring booster used on your pistol on your 300blk. You will want a fixed adapter to thread onto your barrel.
Nikwho

Post by Nikwho »

Awesome, Thanks guys. I really appreciate the help! Getting anxious for my first suppressor!

Nik