quietest suppressors for pistols

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Who makes the quietest suppressors for CF pistols chambered in .45 ACP & smaller as of 2016?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:57 pm

AAC
22%
AWC
No votes
Coastal Gun
11%
Dead Air
No votes
Desert Tech
No votes
Gemtech
No votes
Griffin
No votes
KAC
No votes
Liberty
11%
Rugged
33%
SIG Sauer
No votes
SilencerCo
22%
Surefire
No votes
YHM
No votes
other (Please state brands and models in a comment.)
No votes

Total votes: 9

Zephyr
Swift Silent Deadly

quietest suppressors for pistols

Post by Zephyr »

Greetings, everybody.

I haven't been active in the forum in years. The last time I was stationed in a NFA state was in 2005. Next month, I will finally be moving out of a non-NFA state to a NFA state. I can't wait to make a(n educated) purchase. My first purchase MIGHT be a QD suppressor, so I can switch hosts in the beginning.

I own Glocks and 1911s chambered in .45 ACP. A future purchase MIGHT be a full auto MG chambered in 9-mm NATO. I know that the industry has changed a lot since I was actively reading forum posts years ago. Which models are the quietest suppressors for my situation, that are available in the US nowadays? And please don't say, "Mine is." or "I heard that X makes the quietest." if you only have personal experience with one suppressor, or if you've never metered your suppressors. Thanks in advance.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

- Ernest Hemingway, April 1936
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Re: quietest suppressors for pistols

Post by quiettime »

Obsidian claims to be the quietest 45 can out now and I've shot one on 45 and 9mm. Very impressive. It's also fairly lightweight and has a great warranty. Finding one is the problem
Zephyr
Swift Silent Deadly

Re: quietest suppressors for pistols

Post by Zephyr »

quiettime wrote:Obsidian claims to be the quietest 45 can out now and I've shot one on 45 and 9mm. Very impressive. It's also fairly lightweight and has a great warranty. Finding one is the problem
Thanks, quieetime.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

- Ernest Hemingway, April 1936