Amending A Trust

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Onward

Amending A Trust

Post by Onward »

I have my two sons on my trust. One of them has recently moved so his address changed. Can I amend the trust myself to reflect his new address? Is it as simple as creating an amendment that notes the change and then having it notarized and attaching it to the trust. Do I have to notify ATF?
tootall

Re: Amending A Trust

Post by tootall »

I'm not a lawyer...
In my trust, the list of co-trustees just has a name, city and state. Just revise that list and sign (give copy to all co-trustees)..

I think (DON'T KNOW) that only NEW items to your Schedule A (if you have that form of NFA trust) is what triggers the fingerprints/photos and notification to CLEO. Amending the co-trustee list appears to NOT be such an event after July 13th...

I am not adding to my trust after the 13th as there are too many co-trustees in many states, plus I'm 41F broke from buying all the stuff I want before the 13th.

My 2c.....
Handloader109

Re: Amending A Trust

Post by Handloader109 »

My trust has my address as main trustee and my wife's address as CO trustee. My daughter is successor trustee and no address is listed for her. Nor my beneficiary. The way mine is listed, the addresses are in the main document. If I were to move, I guess that I would redo and renotorize or just line out and change the address. (I expect latter would be fine)