Blackout flash suppressor pics?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

DevL
Silent But Deadly

Blackout flash suppressor pics?

Post by DevL »

I remember seeing flash pics of the Blackout flash hider on a 10.5" HK 416. Does anyone have the link for that pic or any other Balckout flash testing pics?
lawless
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by lawless »

Search dude.
DevL
Silent But Deadly

Post by DevL »

OK how about this...

Are there any ISO 3200 type shots that compare to the older flash hider tests. All I can find is this one ISO 1000 shot.

IMO the Blackout could be not very effective if the shots taken were identical to the shot on the Phantom and Vortex shots from back when.

This is what I wanted to see and compare.

The other phots showed more of a differeance in teh A2 and Phantom and A2 and Vortex than this test showed with the Blackout vs the A2.

In the shots above the Phantom and Vortex are about a million times better than the A2.

See why I am asking now?
Last edited by DevL on Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lawless
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by lawless »

I misunderstood your question and I apologize. I thought you just meant blackout pictures and I didnt even bother to read the rest. That does look like the right picture though.
DevL
Silent But Deadly

Post by DevL »

I have a Blackout flash hider on my SBR and I think the flash is less than what is shown in the pic. I was wondering why the M855 was also not flashier since it is a 10.5" barrel which is longer than mine. If I mount an A2 I get more flash on my SBR even though it has a longer barrel than the 10.5 in the pic. Was the M855 in the Blackout test pic just really low flash ammo and if so why is the Blackout flash even as bright as it is?
monkeytoys
Silent But Deadly

Post by monkeytoys »

DevL wrote: Was the M855 in the Blackout test pic just really low flash ammo and if so why is the Blackout flash even as bright as it is?
about the picture (if i'm reading it correctly) the shutter was open for 1 second. therefore it is showing all the flash that was visible for 1 second. the flash changes, expands, gets brighter over the 1 second time frame. the eye perceives in real time (for lack of better terminology) alot is going on in in that 1 second. someone else may better be able to explain it.

i think if you broke the flash down into smaller increments, you would see less flash and see how the flash changes over the one second time period.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

The photos are scientific images for comparison to each other for flash suppressor development, not to show what the eye would see.
Mongo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mongo »

And since no one mentioned it, most military powders have a flash suppressant in it but they vary with effectiveness with barrel length. Most commercial ammo = no flash suppressant.
Firearms Engineer for hire on piece work basis.
No job is too expensive :)
http://weaponblueprints.com/
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Most do elsewhere, as long as you do not include the US military ammo. M193 and M855 flash a real lot. It is actually commercial ammo like TAP which has it.