Request for dimension

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

emil

Request for dimension

Post by emil »

Hi
I’m going to design silencer to my xdm 9mm pistol. I consider the following options:
1. 9 K-baffle; ID 30 mm; lenght 200 mm
2. 6 K-baffle + 3 cone; ID 30 mm; lenght 200 mm
As it is my first design to 9x19 caliber, I would like to ask you for a favour . What should be the exact diameter of bullet hole?
Do you know what is the diameter for Ti-Rant 9 or Lunar 9?

Best regards
Emil
PS. My name is Emil I’m from Poland; i’m member of this formu since 2007 but I have not write for the while
ECCO Machine
Silent But Deadly

Re: Request for dimension

Post by ECCO Machine »

.410" +/- .005"

In euro measure, 10.25mm +/- .1mm
FFL07/02SOT Gunsmith & Machinist
Ridge Runner

Post by Ridge Runner »

Since this is your first build and you are the only one knowing your tools and skills I might suggest you consider the above post is likely based on confidence that your can and baffles are fairly precisely centered. If you are drilling baffles with a hand drill and if you bought your threaded endcap from a mediocre source you should compensate for inaccuracy. Preferably by figuring out how to increase precision. But, if not that, by increasing your baffle hole size and giving up efficiency in exchange for safety. Try to determine with confidence how good your components and baffle holes are aligned.
McMaster Carr sells ground steel rods that could be used to check alignment for Under $10 plus shipping >> https://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/126/3946
You might want 0.348" for a 9mm and realize the end needs to be rounded a bit and wrap tape about 6" to a foot from the end to hold in place. Of course the whole rod is still under the .410 diameter you might be shooting for.
emil

Post by emil »

Hi
Thanks for your answers.
I made some can for caliber .22and i always used lathe not hand drill 😊.
For safety reasons, I will use the diameter 11 mm (.433)

Emil
emil

Post by emil »

Hi

how about hole for .22LR. I always used 7,1 mm (0,2795 in.) is it correct or not ?

Emil