Buckmark +TAC65

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

shotgundrums
Silent But Deadly

Buckmark +TAC65

Post by shotgundrums »

I've read a few posts in the past about a buckmark/ TAC65 combo.
The slide clatter on the buckmark is pretty sharp when manually cycling.
Anyone know how it is with this tac65. I'm also wondering what kind of blow back exhaust this is going to have. THANKS

P.S. Thanks bryan for everything. I'll get those papers out to you soon buddy...waiting for a lady to get back to the Legal Office.
Racer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Racer »

I saw a report of meter tests of the slide closing on an empty chamber for the Buckmark -- 112 -113 db. The Ruger MK II was 111 db in this test. Source: http://www.srtarms.com/db_levels.htm.

I like the Buckmark design with both sides open during ejection -- it keeps the gun cleaner than the Ruger when shooting with a suppressor in my experience.
Dave
shotgundrums
Silent But Deadly

Post by shotgundrums »

Thanks dave 8)
VA3shooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by VA3shooter »

I love my Buckmark/Tac-65 combo!!! It's great fun to shoot. The sound supression was very pleasing to my ear---very comfortable to shoot all afternoon with no hearing protection (outside). I tried one round without the Tac-65 and it rang my ears but I shot the rest of an afternoon and could carry on a conversation while shooting...great fun shooting at steel because all you could really hear was the ringing of the round hitting steel :P The combo seemed pretty clean to me after an afternoon of shooting---nothing to be alarmed at and no blow back so speak of when shooting it...hope this is what you were looking for...
shotgundrums
Silent But Deadly

Post by shotgundrums »

That's def good to know. I was a little worried about the blowback. I recently shot a glock 19 with a YH cobra and the blow back was harsh every other round or so. Thanks man.
Just wondering...How long is the barrel on yours? I've got a Field model 5.5"
Tin_Can_Terminator
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tin_Can_Terminator »

5.5 in barrel should be just right. Any longer and standard ammo will go supersonic. Any shorter and the suppression would be louder.

TCT
shotgundrums
Silent But Deadly

Post by shotgundrums »

Tin_Can_Terminator wrote:5.5 in barrel should be just right. Any longer and standard ammo will go supersonic. Any shorter and the suppression would be louder.

TCT
Thanks guys
I've shot with this suppressor a few times now. The first time was with a bolt rifle. SUPER quiet. and another on a semi-auto rifle: clatter was the loudest thing. And on the P22. and even on that i was impressed.
So i'm just dying to have it in my possession and on my Buckmark :shock:
Evil impatience has just walked through the door.
akraven

Post by akraven »

Not to hijack a thread but anybody have problems getting the barrel threaded. I talked to a local gunsmith and he said because of the width of the base he couldn't get it into his lathe. Just curious. akraven
Third_Rail
Silent But Deadly

Post by Third_Rail »

akraven,

Then, to be blunt, he's not much of a gunsmith. Even small mini-lathes can fit Buckmark barrels.
akraven

Post by akraven »

Well now this going to get downright embarassing. I have a mini lathe that I am pretty new at using. Since I couldn't fit it into the headstock I didn't figure I could do it. Hence taking it to the gunsmith. He said since it is also slabsided he couldn't put a dog on it to do it that way. akraven
MrPhotoGuyInc
Silent But Deadly

Re: Buckmark +TAC65

Post by MrPhotoGuyInc »

shotgundrums wrote:I've read a few posts in the past about a buckmark/ TAC65 combo.
The slide clatter on the buckmark is pretty sharp when manually cycling.
Anyone know how it is with this tac65. I'm also wondering what kind of blow back exhaust this is going to have. THANKS

P.S. Thanks bryan for everything. I'll get those papers out to you soon buddy...waiting for a lady to get back to the Legal Office.
I just ran 1000 rounds with my Tac 65 and BuckMark Monday... did not notice any blow back. I did have a lil carbon build up after about 700 rounds easy wipe off. Also the balance is nice i like way more than my Sig 22 i had.

yes slide clatter is a tad bit sharp but it did not really bother me.

You should be happy with the combo.
Last edited by MrPhotoGuyInc on Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder !

***Warning***
PG-13 Now

www.MrPhotoGuy.com
VA3shooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by VA3shooter »

Again PhotoGuy I'm VERY happy I didn't buy that barrel when I saw it posted because my pictures wouldn't have been as nice :twisted:
dyeman12

Post by dyeman12 »

+1 for the Buckmark/TAC65 combo.

Have shot 2K+ rounds through mine and it performs great. Have also had the can open to clean out the beginning of leading and carbon crud with no problems. I swap the can between the Buckmark and a 10/22.

Both are so much fun that my other guns are getting jealous because they just don't get as much lovin' any more :mrgreen: