Anybody using Quicksilver manufacturing suppresors

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

James Jones
Silent But Deadly

Anybody using Quicksilver manufacturing suppresors

Post by James Jones »

I was looking around the web and came accross Quicksilver's web site and it looks pretty intresting but have never hard them mentioned here , so I was wondering if anybody has one or has had the chance to compair them to any other cans in their class?

The stats they offer sure make them seem small for their caliber

http://www.qsmsilencers.com/index.html
Silent But Deadly

Post by 3101 »

up under the word "Modern" at the top of the page there is a search button......
put in words like quicksilver, and titanium and see what comes up...
Mr. Burns: This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you.
Smithers: You are noble and poetic in defeat, sir.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

What is a "hyper-accurate" suppressor and how is it different from a "non-hyper-accurate" suppressor?
I read that it's douche to list your guns here, so I stopped that.
Silent But Deadly

Post by 3101 »

sorta the difference between The INCREDIBLE Hulk, and just a regular ol' Hulk I suspect....
Mr. Burns: This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you.
Smithers: You are noble and poetic in defeat, sir.
L34A1
Silent Operator

Re: Anybody using Quicksilver manufacturing suppresors

Post by L34A1 »

James Jones wrote:I was looking around the web and came accross Quicksilver's web site and it looks pretty intresting but have never hard them mentioned here , so I was wondering if anybody has one or has had the chance to compair them to any other cans in their class?

The stats they offer sure make them seem small for their caliber

http://www.qsmsilencers.com/index.html
I am using the 556 can. Gave up my Gemtech G5. The sound suppression is just the same and the 9.5 oz is kick ass. Highly recommend.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

3101 wrote:sorta the difference between The INCREDIBLE Hulk, and just a regular ol' Hulk I suspect....
Reminds me of a phrase I coined years ago; Superman may be super, but the Incredible Hulk is incredible.

Hyper accurate! Not accurate, not very accurate, not even very, VERY accurate. No, fool, you're not even in the parking lot of this game. It isn't super accurate, and it for damn sure isn't super-duper accurate. No, s--t-stain, it is HYPER accurate.
I read that it's douche to list your guns here, so I stopped that.
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

TROOPER wrote:
3101 wrote:sorta the difference between The INCREDIBLE Hulk, and just a regular ol' Hulk I suspect....
Reminds me of a phrase I coined years ago; Superman may be super, but the Incredible Hulk is incredible.

Hyper accurate! Not accurate, not very accurate, not even very, VERY accurate. No, fool, you're not even in the parking lot of this game. It isn't super accurate, and it for damn sure isn't super-duper accurate. No, s--t-stain, it is HYPER accurate.
but which one is super incredible .
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

QSM seems to make decent cans. They are K baffles so the suppression will be fine.
James Jones
Silent But Deadly

Post by James Jones »

I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow , I may be passing pretty close to their in a few weeks and maybe I could stop in and have a look.

Their 308 can seems realy small at only 1.3" diameter and 8.75" long , are their claims in sound reduction accurate? the 308 is listed as 30+DB and the 223 is listed as 27-32DB reduction again from a pretty small can
spojoehpd

Post by spojoehpd »

We were going over several suppressors at work to try to come up with a standard suppressor for our issued patrol carbines (M4 select fire). One being tested was a QSR titanium. I didn't see the Db rating stuff but on the range it wasn't quite as reduced as the others being tested but it was also half the size and weight. It was very livable report with no complaints. We heated it up on auto so hot I can tell you pretty much where the baffles are because we could see them discoloring the outside of the can and it held up fine. Accuracy was good with no POI change from the 100yd line for the carbine it was on. We got it so hot we put it against a piece of wood and it smoldered it up right quick. QSR easily won the price bid by about a $150-200 a can. It's small and light and the carbine still fits in a standard M4 size case with the can on. The size and weight are nice if your going to be humping it around all day. The small size is better received by the panicky administrators too. I'm not going to complain if they give me one.
Madhouse
Silent Operator

Post by Madhouse »

spojoehpd wrote:... I'm not going to complain if they give me one.
Good to know. I should have my stamp on a QSM titanium in a few more weeks.

Thanks for the info.
Join the [url=http://www.nra.com][b][i]N R A[/i][/b][/url]
Foul-guy

Post by Foul-guy »

I can't speak for performance, but I was able to handle 3 QSM cans last weekend. 223, 308, and 1 for a 50 Beowolf. They were very well made with very clean seams/welds. Again, all I did was handle them. I was impressed with the craftmanship.
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

My dealer has a few of the QS cans that have been sitting on the
display shelf for over 6+ months, the AAC , TacInov, SWR, TacSol and
even Gemtech cans sell fast while the QS collects dust.