Magpul's Angled Forward Grip (AFG)

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: NickB

jppd47
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by jppd47 »

LiquidTension wrote:I haven't taken the rifle to the range since I got the AFG, but I like the way it handles so far. I don't like the finger shelf - I'll be removing it before I hit the range.
As did I
pro-gun gun owners are a minority.
Fair Use applies (U.S. Code Title 17 Chapter 1 Subsection 107)
tomahawk84
Silent But Deadly

Post by tomahawk84 »

mropus69 wrote:hey Goteron, I use a Vltor 90 degree scout mount for my sure fire and have it on my left rail. All I have to do is slightly move my left thumb to activate it (getting a pressure switch next to try on it). It is super easy to take on and off and was simple since I also use the XTM rail covers. I also have my AFG back farther on the rail. I tried it high up on the rail but it didn't feel comfortable. I really like the feel of the AFG the way it is, much more than the vertical grip i had. I also understand the are bringing it out in FDE. I might just have to buy another one.

And for Tomahawk84, I have put out about 400 rounds with my AFG on and it is much more comfortable and stable than the vertical broomstick grip I used. It is also cheap enough that it won't break your bank and if you don't like it you can still sell it at a good price online.
Thanks for the reply it's on order.
N/A
The Good Doctor
Silent But Deadly

Post by The Good Doctor »

I have enjoyed shooting with the AFG. Here are a couple fo pics of my LWRC M6A3 14.7" with the AFG.

FFL/SOT
Metal Gear
[email protected]
www.metalgearllc.com
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

How long is the AFG just wondering how much rail space it eats up?
mropus69
Silent But Deadly

Post by mropus69 »

hey Hawk, Just measured mine and it is 5 1/2 inches long. If you have a regular carbine length, you will have about 1 1/2inches left over. That is enough for one Magpul XTM rail cover.
Steve (Spike) Mullis
USN-Ret HM1 NAC AW FMF
"Cry Havoc and Release the Dogs of War"
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

Where are the award winning Stickman AFG photos?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

That guy has sold me more equipment with his photography than he will ever know.
-----
Ick
CanNotHear
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanNotHear »

I might have to buy one for my Max-10.
kwin201
Silent But Deadly

Post by kwin201 »

ill be the first to say i put it on my weapon and ended up taking it off, it just felt akward to me. I admit ive never fired a rifle with a "broomhandle" foregrip so i cannot compare
They exploit your freedom when they take away your rights
Mr. Greg
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mr. Greg »

Put mine on my AR a few nights ago, and when I put my hand on it, my fingers fell naturally onto the AFG, it felt great. I haven't had a chance to get to the range yet, but I have a good feeling I'll like it.
Clever Signature.
eazenutz33
Silent But Deadly

Post by eazenutz33 »

LOVE mine....ordered another one!
I got a silencer for my wife.......I think it was a good trade!
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

ick wrote:Where are the award winning Stickman AFG photos?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

That guy has sold me more equipment with his photography than he will ever know.

My bad, evidently I missed this thread. :shock:

Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner