Paging Spock, aka Rsilvers. Testing of the Brakeout?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

BadassWeakling
Senior Silent Operator

Paging Spock, aka Rsilvers. Testing of the Brakeout?

Post by BadassWeakling »

When are you going to be testing out the Brakeout Flash hider against the Standard Blackout, or maybe the FC556?

I'm probably gonna get the Brakeout regardless, but would like to see a comparison of night time performance.
Last edited by BadassWeakling on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

Testing it for what? Flash? I think it's pretty clear it won't be as good of a flash hider, isn't that the point?
BadassWeakling
Senior Silent Operator

Post by BadassWeakling »

este wrote:Testing it for what? Flash? I think it's pretty clear it won't be as good of a flash hider, isn't that the point?
Well. Duh.

Would be interesting to see how it stacks about against other flash suppressing/brake combos.

rsilvers did a really good comparison a while back of the performance of other devices vs. the Blackout, so it'd make sense for him to update the test to include the Brakeout.

Shoot, send one to me, and i'll do the testing... 8)
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

I would like to do a side by side of our Flash Suppressor, our Muzzle Brake, and the Brakeout.
Kick Ass Design
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

The Brakeout will not eliminate flash from SBRs. It will with some longer barrel/powder combinations.

I think it will be a good choice for 3-gun competition or anyone who wants some brake performance without as loud a noise as some other brakes and with some flash performance thrown in. It will also make your blast baffle last longer.

I plan to use a regular BLACKOUT myself as 5.56mm has no big recoil but since I see a demand for muzzle brakes so I thought this would be a good idea.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

rsilvers wrote:The Brakeout will not eliminate flash from SBRs. It will with some longer barrel/powder combinations.

I think it will be a good choice for 3-gun competition or anyone who wants some brake performance without as loud a noise as some other brakes and with some flash performance thrown in. It will also make your blast baffle last longer.

I plan to use a regular BLACKOUT myself as 5.56mm has no big recoil but since I see a demand for muzzle brakes so I thought this would be a good idea.
If/When you do a comparison test, would it be possible to find out what it does to sound reduction?

Where would it range on the much louder to much quieter scale?
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I am not going to be able to test it for sound. I am doing other projects now. I designed that about 1.5 years ago. I think it you will get the best info from feedback from users. If you want one it would be best to grab one before Mers get it listed on the AAC store as they will sell out and then it will take a while for them to come around on the guitar again. The only people who have TiRants now are the people who bought them before John T's review came out.
Last edited by silencertalk on Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

rsilvers wrote:I am not going to be able to test it for sound. I am doing other projects now. I designed that about 1.5 years ago. I think it you will get the best info from feedback from users.
Educated guess on sound when suppressed?
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

este wrote:
rsilvers wrote:I am not going to be able to test it for sound. I am doing other projects now. I designed that about 1.5 years ago. I think it you will get the best info from feedback from users.
Educated guess on sound when suppressed?
My semi-educated guess is no difference when suppressed. This is based on the way the Blackout hider and brake sound the same suppressed.
Kick Ass Design
texas_archer
Senior Silent Operator

Post by texas_archer »

I went with the break on my SBRs and the Blackout on my 16+" rifles.
BadassWeakling
Senior Silent Operator

Post by BadassWeakling »

rsilvers wrote:If you want one it would be best to grab one before Mers get it listed on the AAC store as they will sell out and then it will take a while for them to come around on the guitar again.
I call dibs! Wanna put it onto this rifle!

Image[/img]
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

BadassWeakling wrote:
rsilvers wrote:If you want one it would be best to grab one before Mers get it listed on the AAC store as they will sell out and then it will take a while for them to come around on the guitar again.
Sweet setup already brother!
Kick Ass Design
MAJ MALFUNCTION
Elite Industry Professional

Post by MAJ MALFUNCTION »

We've got Breakout mounts inbound - get 'em while they're hot!! :P

*currently available for the M4-2000 only*

SILENCER WHOLESALER - selling to Class III dealers only
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

Any chance of this surfacing as a non-mount version?

In either case I'd actually really like to try one of these on my SBR that I use for matches & classes.

WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
smcharchan
Silent But Deadly

Post by smcharchan »

Advertisement should read:

"Introducing the brakeout - designed specifically for those people who simply cannot make up their damn mind."

(Like me)
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Yes, there will be non-silencer mount ones. Will be a while though.
BadassWeakling
Senior Silent Operator

Post by BadassWeakling »

JasonAAC wrote:
BadassWeakling wrote:
Sweet setup already brother!
Thanks!

Some friends took these pictures for me for their new site/forum, TheGunVault.org. The M4-2K is the most popular can there.

Pretty crazy what a Halogen lamp, $100 Vivitar flash unit, and Nikon D3000 on auto settings can do.

ilintner
Senior Silent Operator

Post by ilintner »

Not sure if this has been asked... but does it reduce the ping?
smcharchan
Silent But Deadly

Post by smcharchan »

ilintner wrote:Not sure if this has been asked... but does it reduce the ping?
I recall AAC stating that it did, but I can't remember which thread I read it on.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

ilintner wrote:Not sure if this has been asked... but does it reduce the ping?
yes, it does
Kick Ass Design
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

presumably this makes 14.5" --> 16"+?

Daniel Defense is rumored to be doing some 14.5" CHF pencil barrels and this seems to me to be a nice option. I'd test one out on the 11.5" posted above first and then either move it to the 14.5" or get a second one.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

rob_s wrote:presumably this makes 14.5" --> 16"+?

Daniel Defense is rumored to be doing some 14.5" CHF pencil barrels and this seems to me to be a nice option. I'd test one out on the 11.5" posted above first and then either move it to the 14.5" or get a second one.
Yes Rob- the BRAKEOUT is approx. 2.375" long:

Kick Ass Design
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

That picture brings up something else I meant to ask. It's lacking the wrench flats behind the teeth that the blackout has, so the "brake" part of the mount has flats that can be used for tightening?
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

rob_s wrote:That picture brings up something else I meant to ask. It's lacking the wrench flats behind the teeth that the blackout has, so the "brake" part of the mount has flats that can be used for tightening?
yup, actually, you can see where flats are machined along each of the "sides", from the brake forward.
Kick Ass Design
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

Does this need to be indexed? And if so, does it ship with a shim kit?

O and its coated with scarmor right...
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview