Looking for a small .22LR suppressor

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

pezboy
Silent Operator

Looking for a small .22LR suppressor

Post by pezboy »

Are there any .22LR suppressors that are less than 4.5" long and less than 1.25" diameter? I have looked through a few websites and most I find are 5"+ and no stated diameter. Thanks.
Dustin
jeepjr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jeepjr »

Gemtech outback 2 is about as close as your gonna get and still retain excellent performance. 5" long and 1" in diameter.
So others may live...
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

Thompson Machine Wasp is the smallest available. It will be loud dry, but if you are willing to shoot it wet, there's nothing tinier.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
TPayne
Silent But Deadly

Post by TPayne »

The Thompson Machine Wasp is going to be your best bet. I have personally shot a Wasp and when it is shot wet and wiped, it is silly and unbelievably quiet.

Here's a pic:

Here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsvinhlQxAk

A link to their site: (scroll down... 3rd suppressor on page.)

http://www.thompsonmachine.net/?page_id=14

-Thomas
jeepjr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jeepjr »

Yeah sorry guys, forgot about the wasp...
So others may live...
pezboy
Silent Operator

Post by pezboy »

Thanks for the replies. That one is definitely smaller than the dimensions I gave. Do you know what thread pitch(es) it has? I didn't see anything on the website.
Dustin
Skunk
Silent Operator

Post by Skunk »

If you want dry, take a look at the SRT Odessa. At 3.9â€
Lindenwood
Silent But Deadly

Post by Lindenwood »

I'd imagine a Poseidon wiped, but not wet, might be a decent compromise. The wipes won't last forever, but its larger size would probably make it work decently well without being wet and having to rewet it every couple mags.
Brooks@Thompson Machine
Industry Professional

Post by Brooks@Thompson Machine »

Pezboy,

We can do the Wasp in any thread pattern you need. :D Let us know what we can do for you.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh
[email protected]
www.thompsonmachine.net
dragoon
Silent But Deadly

Post by dragoon »

Not endorsing it , but the AWC Warp was pretty small . It required an ablative to be efficient . The Navy issued some with the US-made Walther TPHs ( a neat stainless-steel package) ...
AgentAdam
Senior Silent Operator

Post by AgentAdam »

The modern version is the AWC Titan Three. There is also the Degroat that is very small for a .380 can and uses wipes so should work decent on a .22 when wet.
alanparsons
Senior Silent Operator

Post by alanparsons »

SRT ODESSA. It is the best "small" .22 can ever made. I went through 2 others AWC and a old Gemtech. The ODESSA is amazing. Listen to Brooks though at Thompson Machine. The WASP will probably beat the SRT. TM seems to be up there on the cutting edge of technology.
smcharchan
Silent But Deadly

Post by smcharchan »

I wanted a very light and short can and did some searching.

I chose the Stratus (5", 2.5oz), and I'm happy I did. It isn't as quiet as some of my other 22 cans, but I'm happy with it for the limited role I use it for. I do not recommend it for a first can though.

You could always have a custom can made. Also, a lot of rimfire suppressors could easily be shortened by 1 baffle by a competent manufacturer/machinist.
Ben B.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ben B. »

I have the Odessa. It is fine dry. Pretty silly quiet wet. Also good on a rifle, where it doesn't take much to silence, and doesn't add much length.
The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground.
Thomas Jefferson

USPSA FY60903...B-class SS, B-class L10, B-class Prod.
IDPA A30195...Expert CDP, Master SSP
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

I've got a Titan Three. Impressive, 3 inches long x 1 in diameter. It IS a wet can...but a compact, quiet one. Not the thing if you just want to blaze through boxes of ammo, but nice for a magazine or two of quiet shooting.
Jake_T_Wolf

Post by Jake_T_Wolf »

I gotta say go with a TBAC model 22s it may be a tad bit bigger than you stated.(4.9x1) But it's %100 titanium which makes them very light (3.2oz) and makes up for the slightly larger size. They may be sealed but because it's titanium all you have to do to clean it is plug one end fill it with 50/50 white vinegar and hydrogen peroxide let it sit for a day or two and change it out and repeat till it's clean. The 50/50 mix won't hurt the titanium. I can't say enough good about mine it's very very quiet and the new ones should be even quieter than mine and it's 22mag/17hmr rated. Here's the link to the can I'm talking about. http://thunderbeastarms.com/22s.php

Hope this helps,
JTW