Which Art of the Tactical Carbine to Order?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: NickB

K.O.A.M.

Which Art of the Tactical Carbine to Order?

Post by K.O.A.M. »

I'm wondering what DVD set is appropriate for an individual who's got some experience, but isn't completely high speed, low drag? I read that what you see in I is great basic information where II is much more of the specific Magpul style.

I know I'd like to get the appropriate one, but don't want to spend three hours learning basic nomenclature and field stripping.

Thanks in advance.
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

Volume 1 is very far from basic nomenclature and field stripping anything.
It hits the ground running. There is a small section right at the beginning about sighting in the rifle, after that they start doing drills.
I'd say the first 30 minutes are basic for anyone who shoots regularly.
Even in that 30 minutes, there are several nuggets of information though.

V1 covers more of what I would use. Just me shooting, moving and shooting, clearing drills, mag changes, basic barrier shooting, etc.

You may know this, or some of this, but Magpul does teach it well and possibly different and more effectivly. One of the keys to Magpuls training is economy of action and big boy rules.
Meaning, you may have a 12 step process, but you need to make it smooth and functional and if you have fixed the problem at step 7, don't do the other 5.

V2 is more partner work (though there is a bit in v1) How often will I be shooting around/under vehicles with a partner? Great stuff to know, and I'll file it all away, but difficult for me to use.

If you have had training before and can shoot and move and work with others, get volume 2. If you don't work with others in a shooting scenario, volume 1 may be better.

I got more use out of volume 1. I learned a lot from both though and would recommend to buy all of them.