ar15.com

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

WhiteBuffalo
Silent Operator

Re: ar15.com

Post by WhiteBuffalo »

Bowen1911 wrote:Oh s--t I started a fucking hurricane...
You're just doing what kids do...can't blame you anymore than you can blame a dog for being a dog.
WhiteBuffalo
Silent Operator

Post by WhiteBuffalo »

silencertalk wrote:They protect their paying sponsors. So if another silencer company who is buying ads there asks them to delete a post, they probably will.
Didn't you guys sue Ian for making "bullshit" accusations? Pot, meet kettle.
Ctaylor
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ctaylor »

WhiteBuffalo wrote:
silencertalk wrote:They protect their paying sponsors. So if another silencer company who is buying ads there asks them to delete a post, they probably will.
Yeah, they went to the source of the problem instead of asking an intermediary to silence them. Ian was trying to damage AAC's credibility maliciously, if someone did that to do me and wouldn't support their argument with facts nor stop when asked politely i'd sue em; and I generally hate the idea of suing anyone.
WhiteBuffalo
Silent Operator

Post by WhiteBuffalo »

Ctaylor wrote:
WhiteBuffalo wrote:
Yeah, they went to the source of the problem instead of asking an intermediary to silence them. Ian was trying to damage AAC's credibility maliciously, if someone did that to do me and wouldn't support their argument with facts nor stop when asked politely i'd sue em; and I generally hate the idea of suing anyone.
My point was more or less the same. The destroying.of ones credibility with malicious intent....kind of like silvers bad mouthing the avilas with no credible evidence in regards to doing the will of their site sponsors having posts/threads pulled.

For what it's worth, I watched the whole thing unfold. Ian is a douche. A douche who really wasn't proven right or wrong, but a douche none the less.
And what was done to mfingar was despicable.
There were no innocent parties from where I was sitting, except mfingar.

I'll continue using aac products, as well as Larues. I focus on quality and both companies have it. I'll let the fanboys argue over the rest.

And arfcom is still a good site.

Edited because I'm posting from my android.
wolf
Silent But Deadly

Post by wolf »

Yeah, they went to the source of the problem instead of asking an intermediary to silence them. Ian was trying to damage AAC's credibility maliciously, if someone did that to do me and wouldn't support their argument with facts nor stop when asked politely i'd sue em; and I generally hate the idea of suing anyone.[/quote]
My point was more or less the same. The destroying.of ones credibility with malicious intent....kind of like silvers bad mouthing the avilas with no credible evidence in regards to doing the will of their site sponsors having posts/threads pulled.

For what it's worth, I watched the whole thing unfold. Ian is a douche. A douche who really wasn't proven right or wrong, but a douche none the less.

I'll continue using aac products, as well as Larues. I focus on quality and both companies have it. I'll let the fanboys argue over the rest.

Edited because I'm posting from my android.[/quote]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

About the mfingar. case
i read the things
i even did ask mfingar. and Mr Larue a Q

now it long time sins
but it did boil down to
Either mfingar. did lie
or Mr Larue did lie

But who ever did lie , the other should be really pissed at that one

that leads to a third possibility

they did both lie

and we know that mfingar.and Mr Larue are not mad at each other

that means they know what really did happen

they did it together

go back and find the thread ,, you will see

They suddenly was silent when confronted with those facts

and how often do you see Mr Larue silent :wink:

sometimes things NOT told ,says more than things that is told

If Larue is involved , that normally tels witch side is crazy :roll:
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

I can't decide who's a bigger mod nazi.

The ar15.com EE

or

sturehmer.com
NFAtalk.org
WhiteBuffalo
Silent Operator

Post by WhiteBuffalo »

wolf wrote:Yeah, they went to the source of the problem instead of asking an intermediary to silence them. Ian was trying to damage AAC's credibility maliciously, if someone did that to do me and wouldn't support their argument with facts nor stop when asked politely i'd sue em; and I generally hate the idea of suing anyone.

Edited because I'm posting from my android.[/quote]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

About the mfingar. case
i read the things
i even did ask mfingar. and Mr Larue a Q

now it long time sins
but it did boil down to
Either mfingar. did lie
or Mr Larue did lie

But who ever did lie , the other should be really pissed at that one

that leads to a third possibility

they did both lie

and we know that mfingar.and Mr Larue are not mad at each other

that means they know what really did happen

they did it together

go back and find the thread ,, you will see

They suddenly was silent when confronted with those facts

and how often do you see Mr Larue silent :wink:

sometimes things NOT told ,says more than things that is told

If Larue is involved , that normally tels witch side is crazy :roll:[/quote]I'm not their cheerleader, so you'll have to continue this fanfare without me after this....

CC'ing an email to everyone he worked with/for, with the header "get a lawyer", is despicable. especially over an online feud. And yes, I most certainly believed it happened.

Everyone involved in that ordeal came out looking crazy to me. Just because you cheer for one camp doesn't make anything that happened in that feud remotely right.

Now you'll have to excuse me, I don't want to be threatened with a lawsuit and/or job loss over a stupid internet forum...by either party.
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

I was an original member there from way back as well, had to be around '95 maybe give or take? First I think my SN was norman_is_god and then there was a site change and you had to re-register so I was norman74. At 9999 posts I had an epiphany and decided to stay out of GD and focus on, you know, discussing the ar15 and created a new screen name called in_burrito that I used solely for posting in the tech areas. There was a bit of drama simultaneously over LWRC and G&R Tactical and I posted on another forum that I thought the Avila clan were making their choices about who to side with and when based solely on who lined their pockets better, and was banned citing the fact that I had two screen names, despite the fact that norman74 never posted once in_burrito started, and that I asked to have both locked and my name changed to rob_s to avoid any confusion. The fact that they refused and instead kept me banned was pretty indicative of the real reasons for the banning IMHO.

I miss the old days of the site, from 15 years ago. Although I don't get the idea that a web forum is a "community" and frankly find the idea pretty creepy. There is still good information there if you read between the bullshit, and staying out of GD is the best way to do that.

ar15.com is both the laughing stock and the pivot-man of the firearms industry. Every manufacturer hates having to deal with them but accepts it as a cost of doing business in the AR world, and the site staff laps that s--t up. What they need there are term limits so that the guys on "staff" that have let the internut power go to their heads are rotated out every few years.
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
BWT
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWT »

rob_s wrote:I was an original member there from way back as well, had to be around '95 maybe give or take? First I think my SN was norman_is_god and then there was a site change and you had to re-register so I was norman74. At 9999 posts I had an epiphany and decided to stay out of GD and focus on, you know, discussing the ar15 and created a new screen name called in_burrito that I used solely for posting in the tech areas. There was a bit of drama simultaneously over LWRC and G&R Tactical and I posted on another forum that I thought the Avila clan were making their choices about who to side with and when based solely on who lined their pockets better, and was banned citing the fact that I had two screen names, despite the fact that norman74 never posted once in_burrito started, and that I asked to have both locked and my name changed to rob_s to avoid any confusion. The fact that they refused and instead kept me banned was pretty indicative of the real reasons for the banning IMHO.

I miss the old days of the site, from 15 years ago. Although I don't get the idea that a web forum is a "community" and frankly find the idea pretty creepy. There is still good information there if you read between the bullshit, and staying out of GD is the best way to do that.

ar15.com is both the laughing stock and the pivot-man of the firearms industry. Every manufacturer hates having to deal with them but accepts it as a cost of doing business in the AR world, and the site staff laps that s--t up. What they need there are term limits so that the guys on "staff" that have let the internut power go to their heads are rotated out every few years.
As a side note, I hated you in the 1911 Sub forum as BTripp (I've always used my initials or some sort of my name, I came here almost did the same thing and saw rsilvers did the same thing and thought that was too "Fan Boy", so I switched from first initial, last name to all initials from that day forward).

Strange how things pan out. I don't even remember why at this point.
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

BWT wrote:As a side note, I hated you in the 1911 Sub forum as BTripp .

Did you own a Wilson? :mrgreen:
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
BWT
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWT »

rob_s wrote:
BWT wrote:As a side note, I hated you in the 1911 Sub forum as BTripp .

Did you own a Wilson? :mrgreen:
I wanted to. Bad, so bad. :lol: I think we even had a discussion at one point on this forum about 1911's.

But no, I was 18-19, and wanted a CQB forever, but, the love affair was slowly killed as, they priced hiked them from like $1800 for a Full Size CQB with a Mag Well, to $2200-2400, and then gutted the gun of the Mag Well put that on the CQB "Elite" and put that at around $3,000, and I figured I wasn't going to pay 40~% more for the same product that hadn't changed in anything but name in 3 years. Then some of their stuff is kind of gimmicky, the Shock Buff's coming apart after about 500 rounds and causing malfunctions... the weak magazine springs... I kind of lost interest in Wilson as a whole.

Plus, my "needs" changed, I decided I didn't want a S&A style Magwell, a beveled magwell was fine, decided I didn't want a Full Length Guide Rod, got out and shot some different things, and fell in love with the Dan Wesson CBOB, and found I didn't need to pay $1,500-2,000 for a non-MIM 1911, but got away with around $900.

Now, Heck I've had an Raven Concealment Holster on order for an M&P9 with a Thumb Safety for three weeks, I've come to terms with it and I'm going to end up with an M&P9 with a Thumb Safety as my next firearm, with an Apex Sear, Firing Pin Block, Warren Tactical two dot night sights from G&R.

(I can't stand 3-dots anymore, I can line them up, honestly naturely 95% of the time from just muscle memory by presenting the weapon, but... I can't see them, I even painted the front sight orange trying to get it to catch my eye, maybe draw more attention with the contrast of black and bright orange trying to attract my eye to the front sight post, it doesn't help much, I mean I can see them, but it takes my eye some time to recognize what's the front sight, and that they're lined up. I figure I'll give the unique shape of the Warren Front Sight and Rear Sight, as well as the "Dot ontop of Dot no duh" approach, rather than trying to distinguish green/yellow dots)

Funny how our opinions change, 1911's are great, but, I want to try something different, higher capacity, softer recoil, I can neglect it a bit more.

I think between the surface rust on a Stainless Steel pistol after carrying it, and part of the hammer spurred portion snapping off (Dan Wesson replaced it, quickly I might add), I've lost patience for the gun, I'm ready for something different/new.
PAIN
Silent But Deadly

Post by PAIN »

dtgman227 wrote:It's a big site, and with any large collection of people, there are some real dumbasses. I do however enjoy my time there for the most part, and have not found any trouble. Instead, I do just like I do everywhere else; which is keep my nose clean, learn from people I think are smarter/have more experience than me, and ignore/try not to argue with idiots.
Yep, I couldn't say it better myself. I do / did belong to about a dozen different forums since 2000. Some are just dead, so you find a busier place. I leave.

Some forums have jerks as owners and when I want to read / talk about guns, I don't want to be afraid to post something. Then you get warnings because I used a "bad" word, that may offend some non-English speaking member using an English translation program that may take my word used, as an insult to their mother. I leave again.

Some forums have too many rules that take away the fun. I leave.

Some forums have a celebrity poster or two from magazines that are worshiped, but sometimes these same celebrities are real class A jerks, so I leave.

This is the Internet people. The Internet is 20% useful, the rest is a waste of resources, a money trap, or someone tries to crash your machine, just because they can.

I came here to talk silencers, and to feed my hobby of class 3 stuff. Screw the other sites!
NRA Benefactor Member