Calling out BS

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

silencertalk
Site Admin

Calling out BS

Post by silencertalk »

Striker posted on AR15:

It's been brought to our attention that there some folks in here that are causing problems by bashing silencer companies at every opportunity.
I'd like to remind everyone that the technical forums are not GD and this type of posting is not tolerated or welcome.
Please refrain from causing problems here, "calling people out", etc.
If it continues I'll start locking the accounts of those responsible.
I just want to say, you are more than welcome to 'call out' dealers and manufactures that post BS as it is best to discover the truth. While I have locked two accounts out of almost 4000, it takes a lot to get locked here.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

Amen.

That's the thing I always loved about this site.

No banning over arguing in a htread, no matter how heated it got.

It's been VERY heated in some threads.

You have a voice and a chance to make you case.

make it.

Not veryone will agree with you.

And not everyone will agree with me.

But both will be heard.

over there they only hear what they want to hear.

:wink:
NFAtalk.org
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

The funny thing is -- over there people tell and 'bring it to his attention.' When there is heated debate here, no one emails me and reports it to me. Tattle-tales.
cqbdoc10
Silent But Deadly

Post by cqbdoc10 »

I wonder if Steve-in-Vagina was the one who started the pre-school fight over there.
1) People often ask the U.S. what our secret defense is against terorists. We simply reply....Chuck Norris.

2) Jack Bauer does not let women on top during sex. Why? Jack Bauer never fucks up....
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

cqbdoc10 wrote:I wonder if Steve-in-Vagina was the one who started the pre-school fight over there.
He was directly involved in the Checkmate of AAC over there.
NFAtalk.org
cqbdoc10
Silent But Deadly

Post by cqbdoc10 »

ArevaloSOCOM wrote:
cqbdoc10 wrote:I wonder if Steve-in-Vagina was the one who started the pre-school fight over there.
He was directly involved in the Checkmate of AAC over there.
I know. He is one of the reasons that I was kicked off that site. For this reason is why I was suspecting that he was involved in this new little fray.
1) People often ask the U.S. what our secret defense is against terorists. We simply reply....Chuck Norris.

2) Jack Bauer does not let women on top during sex. Why? Jack Bauer never fucks up....
zach h
Silent But Deadly

Post by zach h »

I've not been banned over here , thats saying quite a lot given the whole form 1 thing.
cqbdoc10
Silent But Deadly

Post by cqbdoc10 »

Over here you could call someone a cock-chomping-butt-plug and not get banned. That is why I love this site.

silentbushmaster
Silent But Deadly

Post by silentbushmaster »

Some folks have very thin skin over there........
"10TH Mountain Division, Climb to Glory"
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

JoelK posted:

I really appreciate all of the technical information, without the B.S. of the other silencer sight!
Everyone is lining up over there to suck up to Striker.

Joel -- this is a 'site' not a 'sight.'
silentbushmaster
Silent But Deadly

Post by silentbushmaster »

It is very typical of that site to ask for people to not do something, and then turn around and have someone do the same thing, only to please the mods there. Such the case as the guy that talks BS about the "other silencer forum". Most there have a bit of humor, then a few have very thin skin, and can't take a little heat after they put themselves in a bad light by the firm and incorrect statements that they have made in the past in that forum.IMO
"10TH Mountain Division, Climb to Glory"
1928A1
Silent But Deadly

Post by 1928A1 »

cqbdoc10 wrote:Over here you could call someone a cock-chomping-butt-plug and not get banned. That is why I love this site.
You cock chomping butt plug you!!!

:D
07FFL 02 SOT
[cerberus]
Silent But Deadly

Post by [cerberus] »

Calling a company out is one thing, doing it in a immature unprofesional, childish way is another thing.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

[cerberus] wrote:Calling a company out is one thing, doing it in a immature unprofesional, childish way is another thing.
Very valid point. However, I believe he said that no calling out is tolerated.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

GoatBoy (AR15 owner) posted:

Let's cut the bullshit shall we.

Most people here are aware of AAC's "tactics" and encouragement of trolling their competition. Don't believe me, just look through the forum posts at the familiar users posting time and again in similar threads. Now go to the "impartial" AAC suppressor forum and be amazed at the usernames and comments so similar to both sites. Ironic how much trouble can be caused without having to actually engage in it personally.

Those here posting on behalf of Silvers or AAC please be aware your days are numbered if you continue down this road. To support a company whose products you enjoy is one thing, to troll on behalf of that company is simply wrong. Keep in mind that Silvers has been BANNED from this site on multiple accounts and AAC had their advertising terminated for their poor conduct. Any respect we had for AAC or their products means very little when you factor in their business ethics.

Unfortunately, it seems to come down to having to "silence" them once again on this site to avoid further chaos.

One last thing. This type of attitude and behaviour will not be tolerated from anyone, so please learn from the mistakes of others and enjoy supporting products you own by speaking from experience. Don't take to bashing products to make a case. Above all, don't allow others to use you for their own gains, even if they promise you a free suppressor for your "honesty" in defending them.
By 'multiple accounts' he means both as rsilvers (personal) and as Hyposone / AAC (my work account).

AAC has not promised ANYONE a suppressor if they posted something. AAC did once offer someone a suppressor for having guts -- after the fact -- because they publically challenged how wrongfully they banned people there. GoatBoay is twisting it to make it seem like AAC has offered suppressors if someone does something. Not the case.
[cerberus]
Silent But Deadly

Post by [cerberus] »

I'm not talking about anyone in particular, just stating that there is a polite, profesional way which is acceptable and a inpolite childish way that is unacceptable.
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

[cerberus] wrote:I'm not talking about anyone in particular, just stating that there is a polite, profesional way which is acceptable and a inpolite childish way that is unacceptable.
Example:

Childish and unacceptable;
you need to shutup Mr.poopy head,booger eater. Emotion generated from response- :cry:

Polite and proffesional;
Excuse me,Mr P. Head could you please and with all do respect kindly refrain from openeing that device that resembles the backend of an arse, Sir! Emotion generated from response- :)

there you have it,the smiley faces prove it. :lol: they never lie,Never.

*this is intented for humurous and and anectodal levity of current and ongoing circumstances and should not be taken seriously*
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

Goatboy is so out of his league here it's not even funny.

He came into the silencers section of that baord not knowing jack s--t and simply b/c he is an owner assumes he is right no matter what.
NFAtalk.org
Silent But Deadly

Post by 3101 »

90% of the crap on barf.com makes cock chomping butt plugs look intelligent. Hardly worth the effort to wade thru the bullshit there.
Mongo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mongo »

Goatfucker wrote:The site is a free discussion forum and we want to encourage open and honest discussions. Unless if it is anything positive about AAC The topic at hand concerns putting an end to the behind the scene's pettiness displayed by some company reps. Except those from Gemtech and Ops This business is often very aggressive and people will turn to degrading opposing products in an effort to play theirs up.

Feel free to keep discussing manufacturing processes and their strengths/weaknesses. Unless it prooves AAC has a better product There's absolutely nothing wrong with questioning why a company does things a certain way.
I helped all the challanged ARFs to read what Goatfucker was really posting about.

Opps, I might get banned for this...oh wait I was banned already for telling the truth about the ARF Mods&Owners&Hacks.
Firearms Engineer for hire on piece work basis.
No job is too expensive :)
http://weaponblueprints.com/
Crosshair
Silent But Deadly

Post by Crosshair »

That is why I like forums like this. Yea some threads get heated, but that is no reason to block anyone. There is no right to not to be offended.
JPratt06
Silent But Deadly

Post by JPratt06 »

I too think that, over there, people have very thin skins. Let's also remember all the politics involved here: Many Arfcom industry partners are deeply embedded in the silencer-industry. These "industry partners" contribute a great deal of money to the site through advertizements, etc. If they are not happy (ie. look at what ____ said about my silencers :( ), they put pressure on the site to "suppress" the "offensive" remarks. If a large enough opposition exists, financial pressure will lead the site's management to do what is in its own best interest.

That being said, I believe it is WRONG to publicly tarnish a manufacturer's/seller's reputation by posting offensive and rude comments about his/her products. It IS ok, however, to respectfully point out why _____'s suppressors are superior in the area of ______ due to it's features of _______.
ΜΟΛΩÎ
cqbdoc10
Silent But Deadly

Post by cqbdoc10 »

GaLEO wrote:90% of the crap on barf.com makes cock chomping butt plugs look intelligent. Hardly worth the effort to wade thru the bullshit there.
I like that my desciptive term is becoming used by the masses. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. :D

Silent But Deadly

Post by 3101 »

I for one thank you for the name. I use it all the time without attribution, I trust you don't mind...
Mr. Burns: This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you.
Smithers: You are noble and poetic in defeat, sir.
cqbdoc10
Silent But Deadly

Post by cqbdoc10 »

Absolutely not, I actually view it as an honor that a sheriff uses the term.

Use away!!!!

And try to get everyone in your department to start using it. That will be interesting.