Tax free cans?

Company specific discussions and announcements.
jonk

Tax free cans?

Post by jonk »

So anyone think that Gemtech will run another tax free can sale?

I plan to wait till april anyway to save up a little more but I am hoping they do the sale. :)
GoingQuiet
Silent But Deadly

Re: Tax free cans?

Post by GoingQuiet »

Gemtax runs annually.
GoingQuiet.com
07 FFL / 02 SOT
Melbourne, FL
NFA Sales & Transfers, Silencerco Stocking Distributor, AAC, SigSauer, Gemtech, Rock River Arms Stocking Dealer
[email protected]
jonk

Post by jonk »

Well that news just made my day :). When does the promotion usually start ?
GoingQuiet
Silent But Deadly

Post by GoingQuiet »

jonk wrote:Well that news just made my day :). When does the promotion usually start ?
April 15.
GoingQuiet.com
07 FFL / 02 SOT
Melbourne, FL
NFA Sales & Transfers, Silencerco Stocking Distributor, AAC, SigSauer, Gemtech, Rock River Arms Stocking Dealer
[email protected]
Raptor99

Post by Raptor99 »

How do you go about applying for it?? What do you need to do if you want to buy a silencer to get the free tax stamp?? Can you go through your dealer or do you have to go through Gemtech?? Thanks guys!!
hartzpad

Post by hartzpad »

I would like to know more about this as well. I'm planning on buying a gemtech now but maybe I should wait 2 months until April 15th?
rat_dogratty
Silent But Deadly

Post by rat_dogratty »

I got a Multimount in 2010 during their tax sale. It was simple and straight forward. Your only issue is buying it from someone who has it in stock and can get it to your local dealer quickly, so you can get your form 4 sent in before the deadline. I used Major Malfunction, he had it in stock and instantly began the form 3 to my local dealer. That took a few weeks, then I filled out my form 4 and mailed it to Gemtech. They mailed it to the ATF with THEIR $200. It all worked great.
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

I got my sandstorm tax free last year!
psp7
Silent But Deadly

Post by psp7 »

they should as they and AAC are the cause of the ATF ruling deeming the serialized tube a registered firearm :x that cannot be replaced if damaged or altered
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

What cans qualify? And will the outback2-D be included?
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
psp7
Silent But Deadly

Post by psp7 »

fire,no, Gemtech usually reserves one can for the Gemtax and its usually a can they cant sell. So expect their 45 Blackside the can being its not the can the Opsrey is :mrgreen:
hartzpad

Post by hartzpad »

so I shouldn't hold out hoping that I can get a Gemtech Halo tax free? Maybe I'll just buy it now.
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

hartzpad wrote:so I shouldn't hold out hoping that I can get a Gemtech Halo tax free? Maybe I'll just buy it now.
I think the Halo was offered last year, not sure though since gemtech doesnt have anything im remotely interested in.
psp7
Silent But Deadly

Post by psp7 »

dont buy germtech, buy what your dealer has in stock
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

psp7 wrote:fire,no, Gemtech usually reserves one can for the Gemtax and its usually a can they cant sell. So expect their 45 Blackside the can being its not the can the Opsrey is :mrgreen:

Ah no, last year they had at least four cans you could pick up tax free and one was the popular multi mount.
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

psp7 wrote:dont buy Gemtech, buy what your dealer has in stock
Mine stocks and sells lots of Gemtech, but that's due to AACs issues like supply, customer service and their dealer program.
GoingQuiet
Silent But Deadly

Post by GoingQuiet »

Guys - I see a lot of questions and I'll try to answer.

Dealers know what cans qualify for the promo the same time you do - april 15th.

It has run every year for the past few years and the official Gemtech position is "No Comment" so just keep an eye open come April 15 for info.
GoingQuiet.com
07 FFL / 02 SOT
Melbourne, FL
[email protected]
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

I hope that they include the multi mount again this year, I have a bunch of mounts for my Trinity (now the MM) and another one would be handy.
charlie0369

Post by charlie0369 »

GoingQuiet wrote:Guys - I see a lot of questions and I'll try to answer.

It has run every year for the past few years and the official Gemtech position is "No Comment" so just keep an eye open come April 15 for info.
I emailed you last week about the free tax stamps for AAC. I was looking on your site and do not see any of the AAC , more specifically the Ti-Rant 45 and the SDN-6. Do you have these in stock?
srt-4_uk
Silent But Deadly

Post by srt-4_uk »

The tax free deal is offered my Gemtech for Gemtech suppressors only. They had it on the 15th the last 2 years. Hopefully they do it this year too
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

I want another 5.56 can but I'm holding off until they annouce the cans that qualify for the tax free deal.
GoingQuiet
Silent But Deadly

Post by GoingQuiet »

charlie0369 wrote:
GoingQuiet wrote:Guys - I see a lot of questions and I'll try to answer.

I emailed you last week about the free tax stamps for AAC. I was looking on your site and do not see any of the AAC , more specifically the Ti-Rant 45 and the SDN-6. Do you have these in stock?
You have to email me for details - inventory changes so frequently that I don't even bother listing it on the website. 45's are in stock - SDN6 on order.
GoingQuiet.com
07 FFL / 02 SOT
Melbourne, FL
[email protected]
Overton-AR
Silent Operator

Post by Overton-AR »

Kramer wrote:I want another 5.56 can but I'm holding off until they annouce the cans that qualify for the tax free deal.

My bet is the Trek or Trek T. :wink: If so your 5.56 needs will be met with a great Tax Free suppressor.
MyGunsmith

Post by MyGunsmith »

I might be able to shed some light on this that is up to date... I live about 15 minutes away from Gemtech, so I have the advantage of being able to access them on a walk-in basis. I too am hoping for the tax free sale and last week when I was in to pick something up, I inquired about it and was told that: They are running 10 hour shifts making cans (their not too sure why they are so slammed) and that as a result of that; they will probably only offer one model IF they run the sale, and that in any event they would not be making that decision until the 15th.

So at 8:00 am on Friday the 15th I called and they said that they wouldn't be making the decision and announcement until Monday the 18th (must be in alignment with the IRS prolonging tax day till the 18th I suppose). I am personally looking for a Sandstorm and while they would not confirm what models they are running until Monday, they did say that it was most likely only going to be for one model this year (this is the 3rd year that they have run their Tax Day Sale, the first year was for one model and last year for something like four) and it wouldn't be for that one.

So there you have it from the horses mouth. They also said that the info would be up on their website on Monday as well.

Happy Shopping!
BLACK XS
Silent But Deadly

Post by BLACK XS »

Wellllllll, its the 18th, has anyone heard whether or not the annual tax-free deal is going to happen?

The IT filters here at work keep me from checking the Gemtech site myself (yet I can come here.. "shrug")
300BLKforums.com