SHOT Show Coverage Thread

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

rugerglocker
Silent Operator

Re: SHOT Show Coverage Thread

Post by rugerglocker »

Wahnsinn wrote:I'm still waiting for the Silencerco rifle can...where is it?!?
All I can guess is the name...I'm betting condor.
GTFord1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GTFord1 »

Looks like I made a good decision to put in an order with Major for a Stainless Sparrow instead of waiting to see if SHOT was going to offer anything magical in the rimfire world.
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

este wrote:
Wahnsinn wrote:I'm still waiting for the Silencerco rifle can...where is it?!?
I saw twitter photos from Silencerco's booth. Only the 22sparrow was photographed. If they were there, we would know. They aren't coming for shot... puzzles the s--t out of me. I was waiting to see them before choosing to go AAC 762SDN... I guess I'll wait a bit, but if they planned on selling them sometime in 2011, they should have at least PREVIEWED them at SHOT.

Also, I'm going to bet that AAC tells current TiRant owners to bugger off on retrofitting. Seems like a pain in the ass to un-rockset/locktite/seal a bunch of customer cans. It's not good for anyone if they say that, it's just my guess based on their track record.
I asked about it on Facebook yesterday and they replied "Come by the booth and we will tell you".
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

Was this posted elsewhere? A new shotgun...

Kel-Tec KSG 15 Round Shotgun (7+7+1) Shot Show 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAQ8KvuuOk4

Interesting. Not sure of the level quality.
-----
Ick
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

ick wrote:Was this posted elsewhere? A new shotgun...
Kel-Tec KSG 15 Round Shotgun (7+7+1) Shot Show 2011
Interesting. Not sure of the level quality.
Wow man, welcome to two weeks ago :)

Everyone on the internet is excited for this. I've seen more "I'll buy one" comments than I would have ever expected. Likewise... I'll buy one. It's pump, how badly could they mess it up? It looks very similar to the Ithica 37 action, and I've never read a single bad thing about those. It would be better if the magazine tubes auto-switched when one was empty but I suppose if you're dumping 7 rounds into anything, another pump before 7 more should be the least of your problems.

Also, quick, someone go by Silencerco's booth and ask them WTF.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

I would have liked to see an RFB bolt action. A single stack 9mm M&P. Innovative silencers. A non-gimped USC/UMP (instead, got a super gimped Taurus carbine). A Walther PPQ with the P99's AS trigger. Styer threaded M1A barrels.

Etc etc etc.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

este wrote:Wow man, welcome to two weeks ago :)
Agreed, but isn't that their shot show booth in the youtube video?

Anybody check this out? Now that somone has the chance to mess with it....is it what is expected or junk?
-----
Ick
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

They released it pre-SHOT. Look on the shotgun forum here at ST.

If Keltec can manage to actually make these things, I expect it'll be fine. The RFB has had fewer issues than I would expect for such a radical/innovative product. They're good engineers... They're just pretty bad designers (aesthetics), getting better, but they're no HK in the looks dept.
shocknawe
Silent Operator

Post by shocknawe »

MAJ MALFUNCTION wrote: Sir,

Our prices are WAAAAYYYYYYYYYY BELOW MSRP!

I'll PM you our price on the 762-SDN.

I'll try to get the measurements on the Ti Phantoms today and post 'em later! :D
I was hoping they would be, but you never know. I look forward to your PM and the phantom specs! Thanks for keeping industry outsiders such as myself in the loop.
seattlite
Silent But Deadly

Post by seattlite »

Anyone got more info on Troy industries Integral 22/45 10/22: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd26DmPpUM4
kalikraven
Elite Member

Post by kalikraven »

este wrote
Well, a Mini-AAC can is a no brainer looking at Ops and Surefire. If anything they are a little late to the party.
Kind of funny when you think about it. I was at Shot Show 2007 when AAC had thier Runt can on some Magpul Masada's. In reality everybody is catching up to AAC's idea from 4 years ago...

Yeah I drink the coolade but only cus it tase so good. :D
Going a little more discrete here due to some of my opinions...
Theprofessor
Silent Operator

Post by Theprofessor »

I likewise am pretty hesitant when it comes to brand new guns, but that Kel Tec shotty is a must have for me. That thing is sexy and brilliant. I was considering an 870 or a benelli but to hell with those now.
jakjakman
Silent But Deadly

Post by jakjakman »

Looking at the Mini4 it's half an ounce lighter than the Surefire mini and adds only 0.05" more than the surefire. It's a good deal cheaper too. I think that's the one I want. :D
Ctaylor
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ctaylor »

hot DAMN the Mini4 is hearing safe on 14.5 barrels! Schweet!!
Veritas
Silent But Deadly

Post by Veritas »

Theprofessor wrote:I likewise am pretty hesitant when it comes to brand new guns, but that Kel Tec shotty is a must have for me. That thing is sexy and brilliant. I was considering an 870 or a benelli but to hell with those now.
Yeah, who needs quality :roll:
srt-4_uk
Silent But Deadly

Post by srt-4_uk »

64psd wrote:The surefire is somewhat interesting, but it does not seem to have any new tricks that make it different, other than a pointy end.
You are thinking of the 5.56 suppressor. The 22lr suppressors are super light weight and take apart.
TypeR632
Silent But Deadly

Post by TypeR632 »

You guys think it would be worth it to have on a 12.5" setup? Or would it be a waste of money?
SWR Spectre
SWR TRIDENT
AAC 762SD
AAC TITAN
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

You know what would be cool?

If this thread actually had SHOT Show coverage in it.

:(
Ctaylor
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ctaylor »

TypeR632 wrote:You guys think it would be worth it to have on a 12.5" setup? Or would it be a waste of money?
at $895 MSRP (I'm sure major will have it for less) if length is a big concern for you, why not? I'd still shoot 5.56 with hearing protection with an M4-2k anyway, so no biggie for having to wear it for this.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

Veritas wrote:
Theprofessor wrote:I likewise am pretty hesitant when it comes to brand new guns, but that Kel Tec shotty is a must have for me. That thing is sexy and brilliant. I was considering an 870 or a benelli but to hell with those now.
Yeah, who needs quality :roll:
Yeah, who needs speculative guesses on the quality of an unreleased product :roll:

You think new 870s are quality? Benelli is still at least 1/3 more for cost. Neither of those hold anywhere near 15 rounds. I'm sure Keltec won't have a problem selling these even without your recommendation.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

renegade wrote:You know what would be cool?

If this thread actually had SHOT Show coverage in it.

:(
I agree. Where the F--k is everyone? I know everyone has iPhones... so... wtf?
MAJ MALFUNCTION
Elite Industry Professional

Post by MAJ MALFUNCTION »

GBI96 wrote:Major,

Other than an official tool and probably the lack of adhesive on the endcap, is there any difference in 2010 Tirant and the new 2011 Tirant? A lot of us want to know if we will be able to send ours in for the authorized jailbrake and then be able to get it back with the tool? I would be happy to pay for their time and efforts.

We know how to do the unofficial jailbrake and if done properly, it works as well, but it would seem that this would be an easy way for AAC to show some loyalty to their customers and get some easy cash in the process.

Thanks in advance!
I talked to Mike @ AAC today (Mike in R&D, not Mike in sales). He showed me the new take apart Ti-Rants. The baffles are the same as the "old" can and the sound reduction is samey-same. I asked him about "old" Ti-Rant owners being able to send in their cans and get 'em "converted over" to a new "take-apart" can and he said he didn't see why it wouldn't be possible. But please understand, this is not a commitment from AAC to do so, it was just one of their guys telling me that it would SHOULD PROBABLY BE PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE. That doesn't mean they'll do it, just that it's PROBABLY POSSIBLE.
SILENCER WHOLESALER - selling to Class III dealers only
wi75
Silent But Deadly

Post by wi75 »

we need some db numbers on these Ti-Rant shorts! Like how they comapre to the longer versions.
wi75
Silent But Deadly

Post by wi75 »

Major - anything new from silencerco?
paytongar

Post by paytongar »

wi75 wrote:we need some db numbers on these Ti-Rant shorts! Like how they comapre to the longer versions.

AAC's Winter Catalog is up with db numbers: http://www.advanced-armament.com/pdf/aa ... winter.pdf