Are you ok with Gemtax?

Company specific discussions and announcements.
psp7
Silent But Deadly

Are you ok with Gemtax?

Post by psp7 »

If you knew Gemtech was the source of the tax that applies to citizens that bought a silencer that later was damaged by accident would you buy? Basically, if you damage the serialized tube of your silencer you have to buy another $200 stamp thanks to the Gemtech-AAC childish behavior. Are you that toolish?
finn
Silent But Deadly

Re: Are you ok with Gemtax?

Post by finn »

What a useless post.
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

psp7 wrote:If you knew Gemtech was the source of the tax that applies to citizens that bought a silencer that later was damaged by accident would you buy? Basically, if you damage the serialized tube of your silencer you have to buy another $200 stamp thanks to the Gemtech-AAC childish behavior. Are you that toolish?

AAC was the source, they took one of their own longer cans and put all of the information from the Gemtech can onto it and Gemtech questioned that issue. Try that with any other NFA item and see if it's legal.
Ronzo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ronzo »

Trying to start some s--t are we? I own several suppressors made by Gemtech. I like my M4-96D so much I shipped it back to the factory and Doc Dater put a G5 mount on it for 250 dollars. I found out two things,Gemtech stands behind their products and if the tube is unsalvageable you have to pay for another tax stamp. That is the way it is.
NFA is a great hobby. It taught me how to type,how to do a revokable living trust,how to secure the sevices of an estate lawyer, and how to find and keep a great class 3 dealer(LMO LLC). I shoot suppressed almost every Sunday at the local range and have helped several friends get into NFA also.Not a ranger session goes by that someone asks to shoot whatever I bring to shoot and theyalmost always have a big grin when they hand me back my suppressed gun.
A better question might be,Are you OK with s--t stirrer posts on your favorite NFA forum?
The Gemtech MK9K is the only supressor I use nowadays
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

I have a question. Do you you get a new number on the can and a form 4? I have a damaged tube but have been reluctant to send it in.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

M40A1308M wrote:I have a question. Do you you get a new number on the can and a form 4? I have a damaged tube but have been reluctant to send it in.
You would get a new serial number since the previous serial number would be destroyed and documented as such.

-B
nikuraba29

Post by nikuraba29 »

psp7 wrote:If you knew Gemtech was the source of the tax that applies to citizens that bought a silencer that later was damaged by accident would you buy? Basically, if you damage the serialized tube of your silencer you have to buy another $200 stamp thanks to the Gemtech-AAC childish behavior. Are you that toolish?
What are the Gemtech-AAC childish games? Toolish?

Is there something going with Gemtax?

S/F