Porting baffles

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

3strucking
Silent Operator

Porting baffles

Post by 3strucking »

Would there be any performance gained by porting 60 degree cones with .458 Socom / .45acp subsonic?
3strucking
Silent Operator

Re: Porting baffles

Post by 3strucking »

anyone? anyone?
mr fixit
Silent But Deadly

Post by mr fixit »

I am far from an expert, but my gut tells me that porting a baffle that already has a 1/2" hole in it isn't going to do much.
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

A port will introduce some asymmetric gas flow while the bore hole cannot. The size of the bore will not matter.
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Rrdstarr

Post by Rrdstarr »

If you are using K baffles yes you will gain efficiency. Stagger them when you install them. What’s the diameter of the baffle?
No longer residing in the US of A.
Retired US Army Special Forces
Pro2ajuggalo

Post by Pro2ajuggalo »

Are spade and K cup baffles better for any specific type of ammo like handgun ammo or rifle,? I been looking trying to find info myself but I haven't found too much about it.
FromSaltWeCome

Post by FromSaltWeCome »

Pro2ajuggalo wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:44 pm Are spade and K cup baffles better for any specific type of ammo like handgun ammo or rifle,? I been looking trying to find info myself but I haven't found too much about it.
I got told to skip the BS and go for K cups on a 1.25" diameter, 6" long dedicated rimfire build I was contemplating. I've yet to make that plunge, and nobody else I know even wants to enter the NFA realm, so I have nothing to back up the validity of said statement.