What is considered a suppressor part

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

milsurpcollector1970

What is considered a suppressor part

Post by milsurpcollector1970 »

I want to build a reflex can like a OPS Inc that is on the Mk12 mod 0

I also want to be able to use it on my SBR with a 12" barrel. To do that i would have 2 seperate endcaps to mount the can.

Would the endcap be considered another suppressor.
milsurpcollector1970

Re: What is considered a suppressor part

Post by milsurpcollector1970 »

Well i figured it out.

A little googling on my part and multiple threads, some on this forum came up.

The answer at least on this forum is NO. As a form 1 builder you cannot have multiple endcaps, so I will have to modify my design.

I guess its been asked here so often people are tired of replying
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Re: What is considered a suppressor part

Post by Capt. Link. »

milsurpcollector1970 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:25 pm I want to build a reflex can like a OPS Inc that is on the Mk12 mod 0

I also want to be able to use it on my SBR with a 12" barrel. To do that i would have 2 seperate endcaps to mount the can.

Would the endcap be considered another suppressor.
You can't have multiple end caps but you can have several mounting adapters. A standard today is a end cap with a 1.375x24 hole in it so Nielsen devices flash hiders etc can be used. :idea:
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895