Wisconsin Law?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

beartaria

Wisconsin Law?

Post by beartaria »

I've read in several places they must fingerprint and photograph you in order to legally own a suppressed firearm in Wisconsin. Is this true? I've also heard you can avoid being fingerprinted (treated as a prospective criminal) by owning a legal entity which purchases the firearm and/or buying it from someone who doesn't request you file the NFA forms. Can someone please point me to the most correct yet hopefully reasonable source for this? :)
mr fixit
Silent But Deadly

Re: Wisconsin Law?

Post by mr fixit »

Fingerprints and photos are a ATF requirement. In the past a trust or other 'entity' as you say could file without them. The requirements have changed. You can still form a trust, but each 'responsible member" of the trust must submit prints and photos.
No way around it.
SigShooter

Re: Wisconsin Law?

Post by SigShooter »

As beartaria stated, it is a federal requirement through the ATF. As far as "buying it from someone who doesn't request you file the NFA forms", that is a big no no that will earn you a felony and the right to give up all your guns for the rest of your life. Not the best way to go. :?
Silencer Shop and the ATF website are the first 2 places I would check out for info that will keep you legit and out of trouble.