Help me choose a multi cal suppressor?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Hoope9

Help me choose a multi cal suppressor?

Post by Hoope9 »

Hello, I’m wanting a suppressor for hunting. Here is what I’m looking for:

A. I’d like to suppress a 350 legend and 45-70.

B. I’d also like to get a smokeless muzzleloader some day and suppress it.

C. I’d love to hunt with 22lr with it also (about 20 shots a season).

What do you recommend for me? Ideally I’d like one suppressor (or spring for two with a buy one get one free promotion).

Many thanks for the help!
mr fixit
Silent But Deadly

Re: Help me choose a multi cal suppressor?

Post by mr fixit »

Hoope9 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:16 pm Hello, I’m wanting a suppressor for hunting. Here is what I’m looking for:

A. I’d like to suppress a 350 legend and 45-70.

B. I’d also like to get a smokeless muzzleloader some day and suppress it.

C. I’d love to hunt with 22lr with it also (about 20 shots a season).

What do you recommend for me? Ideally I’d like one suppressor (or spring for two with a buy one get one free promotion).

Many thanks for the help!
I don't know enough to recommend but I had to reply a bit. There are no smokeless muzzleloaders. There is replacement for black powder but it is not smokeless. Black powder replacement will be dirty, just like the real stuff. not great for a suppressor, much dirtier than even 22lr
Floodcrick

Re: Help me choose a multi cal suppressor?

Post by Floodcrick »

This is going to sound like a strange first post, but I came here for almost the same reason as the question posed by the OP. Smokeless muzzleloader do exist, I own one. I have recently ordered a Hybrid46M to try to tame it down.

I am having a hard time finding a muzzle device for attachment to my rifle, but I’ll save that post for later.

My smokeless muzzleloader is a CVA Scout V2 45-70 conversion. I shoot 62g of H4198, 275g Fury bullet around 2650fps MV.

The Hybrid 46M was one of the only available models I could find that was rated for the specs of my rifle, also plan on using it with a .300WM and smaller calibers as well.