can you do form 1 at those Kiosk things????

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

rtv900

can you do form 1 at those Kiosk things????

Post by rtv900 »

sorry if this has been asked, but as title says, I was curious if one can do a Form 1 at those new Kiosks that many places have now for suppressor ATF filing?
Last time I did the paperwork was probably 15 years ago when you had to physically go get printed at the police dept and get a signature from the cheif on your paperwork.
Now I guess you can do it all at the store with a kioske to purchase one.

But is it possible to do a form 1 there? Or does that need to be done the old fashioned way still?
BASE

Re: can you do form 1 at those Kiosk things????

Post by BASE »

We have a local shop with the kiosk and last time I asked they said no. One of the younger guys there told me that he had heard it was in the works, so I guess it wouldn’t hurt to ask. That was close to a year ago.
rtv900

Post by rtv900 »

yeah the guy at a shop around me says he thinks that would work as well, but I have a feeling he just doesn't know
when I mentioned how I'd submit the designs he didn't seem aware that was even a thing
that's the part I don't know how the kioske would work because how would I get those files into it?
quietshot1995

Post by quietshot1995 »

You can definitely do Form 1 with a mix of your Silencershop account online "dashboard" on your phone, & the Kiosk for storing your fingerprints on your account.

If I go to silencershop.com & then "dashboard" I have an option to eForm file Form 1, has a bunch of drop-down choices for Form 1.

I don't know if you can do everything from the kiosk, all I used it for was fingerprints.