Other calibers besides 9mm through a Gemtech Multimount

Company specific discussions and announcements.
brco

Other calibers besides 9mm through a Gemtech Multimount

Post by brco »

Specifically, I was wondering if my multimount can handle .357/.38 special. I am thinking about getting a Handi Rifle in .357 for use as a host after being cut down and threaded. Can it handle the pressures? What about any other calibers tested through it? Thank you.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Other calibers besides 9mm through a Gemtech Multimount

Post by Bendersquint »

brco wrote:Specifically, I was wondering if my multimount can handle .357/.38 special. I am thinking about getting a Handi Rifle in .357 for use as a host after being cut down and threaded. Can it handle the pressures? What about any other calibers tested through it? Thank you.
Your MM SHOULD be able to handle light 38 Special rounds but definitely not 357Magnum rounds.

300Blackout subsonic should be fine as well as 762Tok, and 22lr!

Call GemTech and they will give you the straight answer, remember they won't honor their warranty because someone on the interweb said it was ok.

-B
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

I shoot 158 gr 38s all the time... Work nice in my Thompson Contender.

I would not shoot 357 MAG as there is a HUGE difference in gas volume. 2-3x the powder.

Granted barrel length helps in a rifle, but I would not risk it. The Muzzle Pressure may be low enough but the VOLUME will be more.

A 32 auto would work and so will a 380 auto.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
seattlite
Silent But Deadly

Post by seattlite »

Can someone from Gemtech give the official word on whether 300 BLK Subsonic is OK to use through a MultiMount.