Disassembling Outback II

Company specific discussions and announcements.
Flhawk

Disassembling Outback II

Post by Flhawk »

I baked my OB2 in the oven at 400* for 1 hr. I got the threaded cap off. The thread lock material looked like sawdust when the cap came off.

1. I got a 4x4, drilled a 1" hole through it, cross grain, then cut it in half throught the center of the hole.
2. I then cut the finger off of a leather glove and slid it over the suppressor and placed the suppressor between the two halves of the 4x4 and put it in the bench vice. Didn't have to worry about crushing the tube and the leather kept it from spining.
3. I then used a strap wrench to turn the end cap.

I didn't know that there was a spacer ring in front of the first baffle. I used kroil to loosen the baffles. I didn't have a tool to turn, loosen the baffles so I tapped the tube on the 4x4 and the 1st baffle slid a little. I then pushed it back with a 5/8 socket and tapped again. Did this several times until the baffle was at the very edge of the tube. I then used a metal rod that had a 45* bend at one end, in the center of the baffle and was able to pull, spin it out. Did this with the remaining baffles.

I now have the baffles soaking in mineral spirits. (Aproxx 500-1000 rds) Once I found out it could be taken apart I had to try.

I have not been able to get the other (small) end cap off. I think there is a threaded spacer at that end. I need help, suggestions with this part.
Flhawk

Re: Disassembling Outback II

Post by Flhawk »

rogerdemin,

Your bolt & washer trick worked great on the end cap, came right off.

What kind of soda blaster should I get? I made a homemade one with vinyl tubing. It works about 70%. I need something better.

Thanks
Ryo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ryo »

bolt & washer trick? Where's the link to that if you don't mind me asking..
Ryo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ryo »

rogerdemin wrote:No link. It is right up there ^^^^^^^^^^ in my post telling him how I did it.
Ah.. roger roger. :D