Gemtech Integral 10/22

Company specific discussions and announcements.
Jack_Bauer
Silent But Deadly

Gemtech Integral 10/22

Post by Jack_Bauer »

I am looking to add a Gemtech Integral 10/22 barrel to my Ruger 10/22 but wanted to know what kind of accuracy do you get with it compared to the standard Ruger barrel as the Integral barrel is much sorter. Will it group quarter sized shots at 50 and + yards?
"When the people fear the govt there is tyranny, when the govt fears the people there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson
[b]GOA Life Member[/b]
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Gemtech Integral 10/22

Post by Bendersquint »

Jack_Bauer wrote:I am looking to add a Gemtech Integral 10/22 barrel to my Ruger 10/22 but wanted to know what kind of accuracy do you get with it compared to the standard Ruger barrel as the Integral barrel is much sorter. Will it group quarter sized shots at 50 and + yards?
I have fired only one of the GemTech Integrals and my personal opinion was pass. Accuracy wasn't the best, and the fact that you really couldn't clean it was pretty disappointing as well.

-B
Jack_Bauer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jack_Bauer »

I have fired only one of the GemTech Integrals and my personal opinion was pass. Accuracy wasn't the best, and the fact that you really couldn't clean it was pretty disappointing as well.

-B
Not sure why you say you couldn't clean it as the picture below shows that the baffles can be removed from the end and cleaned. When you say accuracy wasn't the best how far were you shooting and was it with a scope or iron sights?

"When the people fear the govt there is tyranny, when the govt fears the people there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson
[b]GOA Life Member[/b]
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Jack_Bauer wrote:

-B
Not sure why you say you couldn't clean it as the picture below shows that the baffles can be removed from the end and cleaned. When you say accuracy wasn't the best how far were you shooting and was it with a scope or iron sights?

Those look really alot like the Tactical Solutions monocore stack like they use in the Cascade, is Gemtech making their baffle stacks or the other way around?

You can't clean the ports on it, can't remove the tube, and can't clean the blast chamber, aluminum. Those are all pivotal points if you ask me.

Besides you can't get them from the factory due to some aluminum and steel liner separation concerns. Tactical Solutions had these issues as well since TS actually made the barrels for GemTech.

If its not for sale and they didn't make a replacement for it, the I would move on to someone that does make them now.

-B
rat_dogratty
Silent But Deadly

Post by rat_dogratty »

I have an integral on a ruger MKII, and although I love it and it is very quiet, you really need to do your research and make sure you can clean every aspect of the design.(they are usually a pain in the ass to clean) I'm unfamiliar with gemtech's design, but most integrals have ported barrels (that usually the whole point to the integral) MAKE SURE YOU CAN REMOVE THE TUBE AND CLEAN THE PORTS. If you can't get to the ports, it's a BAD IDEA. Everyone is raving about the new AAC integral, it is supposed to be very quiet and totally serviceable.( just what I hear on here, I have no experience with it)
GoingQuiet
Silent But Deadly

Post by GoingQuiet »

Bendersquint wrote:
Jack_Bauer wrote:

-B

Those look really alot like the Tactical Solutions monocore stack like they use in the Cascade, is Gemtech making their baffle stacks or the other way around?

You can't clean the ports on it, can't remove the tube, and can't clean the blast chamber, aluminum. Those are all pivotal points if you ask me.

Besides you can't get them from the factory due to some aluminum and steel liner separation concerns. Tactical Solutions had these issues as well since TS actually made the barrels for GemTech.

If its not for sale and they didn't make a replacement for it, the I would move on to someone that does make them now.

-B
Gemtech and TS work together on Oasis parts - would not surprise me if they shared a lot of similarities.
GoingQuiet.com
07 FFL / 02 SOT
Melbourne, FL
NFA Sales & Transfers, Silencerco Stocking Distributor, AAC, SigSauer, Gemtech, Rock River Arms Stocking Dealer
[email protected]