PRI 7.62mm Gas Buster Charging Handle

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

tsands974
Silent But Deadly

PRI 7.62mm Gas Buster Charging Handle

Post by tsands974 »

Anyone out there used one of these for their 7.62mm ARs? I am wondering if their performance is worth shelling out an additional $100. I do use a suppressor on this rifle, so less blowback would be desirable. Thanks for any advice.
Wicked
Silent But Deadly

Re: PRI 7.62mm Gas Buster Charging Handle

Post by Wicked »

It won't reduce the amount of 'blowback' it will simply re-direct the gas. There's a curved groove milled into the bottom of the handle to direct gas out the ejection port side of the gun. If you are a Lefty, it will make gas-in your-face even worse! You can accomplish the same thing with your GI handle if you have access to a 3/16" ball end mill and a vertical milling machine. You could even use a Dremel type tool if you wanted to do it by hand and didn't care about how it looked cosmetically (no one will ever see it). Search and there are threads of how others did it. Not worth the extra ducks in my opinion.

Most 7.62 AR guns are overgassed to start. On a 7.62 unsuppressed, but especially suppressed, you really need an adjustable gas block. That will do a much better job and cost less.
https://www.facebook.com/wickedweapons
tsands974
Silent But Deadly

Re: PRI 7.62mm Gas Buster Charging Handle

Post by tsands974 »

Thanks for the info!